Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I legit just swap my 17 bumper for a 19 front bumper with the grill? or do I have to the change the fenders and hood as well?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can I legit just swap my 17 bumper for a 19 front bumper with the grill? or do I have to the change the fenders and hood as well?
does anyone have an answer? I'm kind of eager I want to have it done asap just don't know if it's possible or what else I would have to change?

·
Registered
105 Posts
does anyone have an answer? I'm kind of eager I want to have it done asap just don't know if it's possible or what else I would have to change?
Praj,

I do not have a definitive answer for you. Having owned both generations of Ghiblis, I am of the opinion that the hood and fenders did not change between 2017 and 2019.

However, I would be more concerned about the sensors and the grille. Since I think you said you have an SQ4, it is likely you have the parking sensors and perhaps the forward collision option also. The placement of those sensors appear to have changed a bit. Other areas I would check out closely are the top of the grille where it attaches to the panel between the hood and the grille, and how the bumper attaches to the car on the bottom. Those could have potentially changed.

Good luck and if you find out more, there are probably other people on here who would be interested so please share what you find out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi there @praj7
We recommend bringing this inquiry to the attention of your Maserati dealer for support, as they may be in the best position to assist you.

MaseratiCares

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have made the swap from a 2015 Ghibli SQ4 to a Gransport front bumper with no problems.
yoo what year gransport front bumper is that? & where did you buy it? and it was literally just bumper swap? all the parking sensors fit and we're connected properly?

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's 2019 Grannsport front bumper , I bought it from Poland for aprox 1.600$ in condition almost new. It is literally just a swap , but you also need to buy the front air intake for the gransport bumper because it's a little larger and will not look good with the standard one.
All the sensor fit perfectly , my electrician just made some wire cutting because I dont have the front camera like the gransport bumper has , but it was all just a easy fit in about 1 hour everything was done and up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's 2019 Grannsport front bumper , I bought it from Poland for aprox 1.600$ in condition almost new. It is literally just a swap , but you also need to buy the front air intake for the gransport bumper because it's a little larger and will not look good with the standard one.
All the sensor fit perfectly , my electrician just made some wire cutting because I dont have the front camera like the gransport bumper has , but it was all just a easy fit in about 1 hour everything was done and up.
Yo brother I private messages you please respond

1 - 9 of 9 Posts