Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Lately I been hearing creaking sounds coming from my driver seat while driving , and after some checking I realized the driver seat is installed a bit too close to the arm-rest and the driver seat is constantly rubbing against it and produce that annoying noise. Not an issue with passenger seat so I was wondering if this is an installation fault. And it doesn’t appear that the seat can be adjusted left n right. I tried all power seat buttons and the seat is still squeezing the armrest. Does anyone else has the same problem? Would love to hear from u guys. Below is the driver seat and passenger seat, as u can see the driver seat is squeezing against the arm rest with noticeable creases
Hood Comfort Automotive design Orange Grey
Window Wood Comfort Couch Tints and shades

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue in my MY18 and it's super annoying. When my wife drives its not nearly as bad as she is smaller than me. I took my car into the dealership last week and asked them about it and the service tech said there isn't much they can do. My car is still under warranty and I'm going to ask again when it gets serviced at the end of September. I was actully going to run up to home depot today and try and find some foam inserts to stick between to reduce the creaking but not ideal for a car this nice. I would love it if someone has found a good way to fix this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue a few months ago. The dealer blamed the premium leather. The solution provided was to lubricate the driver seat. However this seems to be not a permanent solution as it started making the same creaking sound these days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Luckily for me my brother is a squeak and rattle engineer for Ford. He picked me up some flock tape from his plant and we stuck it to the armrest where the seat touches it and almost all the squeak is gone. You don’t see it and this is what a number of OEMs use in their cars. It’s nice that these seats are leather all the way around, but a lot of leather seats have cloth on the sides to prevent this.

Here is a link to something very similar to what we used.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Luckily for me my brother is a squeak and rattle engineer for Ford. He picked me up some flock tape from his plant and we stuck it to the armrest where the seat touches it and almost all the squeak is gone. You don’t see it and this is what a number of OEMs use in their cars. It’s nice that these seats are leather all the way around, but a lot of leather seats have cloth on the sides to prevent this.

Here is a link to something very similar to what we used.

Thank you so much. Very helpful

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thank u for the help, is there any other more “technical” solution to the problem other than lubricate the leather?
There really is no need for a more technical solution. I applied the product, whose link I posted, more than a year ago, and it is still holding up well. I haven’t had to reapply it. Moreover, when applied as a thin layer, it is invisible. It doesn’t even change the appearance one bit.

Oh, and if you have leather/leatherette couches at home, you can use it for them too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts