Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same color, same mileage (~35k), similar price around $40k.
2017 SQ4 is CPO and $2k more while 2019 base has 16 months/15k miles remaining warranty.
I like louder engine sound but I wasn’t sure if SQ4 was louder. I did test drive on both and they were great. Now I cannot choose between these two. Any suggestion is appreciated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Personally I live in a climate where the AWD is a benefit; the additional HP of the SQ4 is also a plus. Now that being said I like the newer interior. What about the options. are they the same? The 2019 may hold the resale value a little longer but again depends on your area if people are looking for AWD models. I know where I am I was not considering the RWD. I believe the CPO will have a longer warranty with the milage. Good luck with whichever you choose and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I live in a climate where the AWD is a benefit; the additional HP of the SQ4 is also a plus. Now that being said I like the newer interior. What about the options. are they the same? The 2019 may hold the resale value a little longer but again depends on your area if people are looking for AWD models. I know where I am I was not considering the RWD. I believe the CPO will have a longer warranty with the milage. Good luck with whichever you choose and keep us posted.
Thanks a lot! I will move to FL soon so I assume I do not need AWD. I don't know the exact options but I believe not many options were added since both cars are near the bottom price range of their MY in my area. The 2017 CPO says warranty till 2022 Oct, so very close to the 2019 (a typo in my original post, dealer says 1 year and a half remaining warranty) although CPO does come with unlimited miles. I plan to drive the car for about two years and I roughly drive 8,000 miles every year, so the warranty looks pretty similar to me.
I really like the 2019 exterior, especially the front which looks sharper. If the exhaust sound is similar for both, I would simply go with 2019 base. I am really curious what difference the additional HP makes.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Sorry to break the ambiance... from MY 2017 and now the MY 2019 you will not fell mostly no difference with the extra power
Question sound it is mostly the same although I prefer the 2019 ...I like the bang when you change gear at around 4500 rpm ( not on the 2017 ) which makes a kind of same sound only when you take a speed down
Now there is quite a few differences not just the exterior...in the interior too
Air-conditioning the mtc the driver info system etc I have a video here in the forums with the difference from my previous 2017 and now the 2019.. have a look

·
Registered
137 Posts
Geoffrey - He's talking about a 2017 SQ4 and 2019 Base model. There's a big difference in power 345hp(2019 base) vs. 404hp (2017 SQ4). The 2019 was also toned down from an exhaust sound too. Of course I'm talking about North American versions.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
ohh apologize, I miss that, yes there is a downsized engine at 350CV in Europe too

well I drove also a ghibli with the 350CV and also a Levant with 350CV
you feel it straight way... as soon as you start driving you know it is the downsized power engine, and the sound it is not the same at all, it is like day and night compared to a 410 or a 430CV

( to know in a visual way the V6 in the engine has a grey color )

·
Registered
137 Posts
ohh apologize, I miss that, yes there is a downsized engine at 350CV in Europe too

well I drove also a ghibli with the 350CV and also a Levant with 350CV
you feel it straight way... as soon as you start driving you know it is the downsized power engine, and the sound it is not the same at all, it is like day and night compared to a 410 or a 430CV

( to know in a visual way the V6 in the engine has a grey color )
Yeah I had assumed you'd notice a difference in the engines and performance. I never drove a base model so I can't speak from experience.

Cheers Geoffrey

·
Registered
227 Posts
Same color, same mileage (~35k), similar price around $40k.
2017 SQ4 is CPO and $2k more while 2019 base has 16 months/15k miles remaining warranty.
I like louder engine sound but I wasn’t sure if SQ4 was louder. I did test drive on both and they were great. Now I cannot choose between these two. Any suggestion is appreciated.
I'd be strongly leaning towards the more powerful SQ4. The only I'd opt for the base model is if it had more desirable options like extended leather and stuff.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
87 Posts
In 2018 the "S" version went to 424hp. You really don't need AWD in FL but...but, in those torrential summer downpours it does provide additional stability and control. If you don't need the additional hp, then base will provide plenty of fun and turn just as many heads.

·
Registered
137 Posts
In 2018 the "S" version went to 424hp. You really don't need AWD in FL but...but, in those torrential summer downpours it does provide additional stability and control. If you don't need the additional hp, then base will provide plenty of fun and turn just as many heads.
OMG @UNION73 I lived in FL and I drove a Mini Cooper FWD only; it was nuts. My wife drove the RR Sport Supercharged, but **** when it dumps you either have a big heavy vehicle and don't worry or pull over and let it pass.

I agree I don't think he needs AWD in FL, however I've become accustomed to AWD vehicles now and don't think I would go with RWD unless it was a Ferrari or Lambo :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
How about getting that 2019 and chip it with one of those piggy back thing. That should bring the power level closer to the 2017 S models? You get the new tech stuff you want and power you like? ;) you can always get a screw driver and make it louder easily ... (not recommended! But you “can” ;) )

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sq4 2017 no questions... its a serious downgrade on the HP side if you go with base model 2019 350hp and way less glamorous . awd can be really helpful to handle mistakes on a rainy day, and Ghibli started to be really more reliable if I might say around 2017 😁

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’ll go out on a limb here and suggest going for the 2019 base. The 2019 model looks sharper and the interiors look and feel more up to date. It’ll stay newer for longer. Depending upon how loaded it is with options you will have better ADAS too. The steering is an EPS unit and it is beautifully weighted. It’s communicative without being nervous. Of course not sports/super car level, this is a heavy 4 door sedan after all.
Yes, it makes lower horse power and yes when you push it to the limit, it is noticeable. But then it isn’t exactly underpowered to be honest, it still makes 350bhp. We aren’t talking about a 4 cyl, < 200hp motor here.
If you live in a place where you don’t have extreme weather conditions often, you won’t miss the AWD.
You will still enjoy that fantastic sounding exhaust, and get addicted to the up-shift “boom”.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
It Works well the 350 however the question was if there is a difference noticeable between the 410 and 350 in sound and performance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts