Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted this car because it is gorgeous, fast and there aren't many on the road. Yes, I could have bought a BMW, Audi or even a Porsche but you see them everywhere. I've only seen a handful of Maseratis on the road (in Atlanta, GA).

After driving this exact model at a dealership, I decided that I needed one and bought it through a broker.

My all in price included four new tires. It has some minor paint chips, but otherwise it is in great, near perfect condition.

Needed an oil change ($250?) and front brakes ($3500) from a local mechanic who I trust - I don't think he is ripping me off, but holy sh**.

Is this how this is going to be with this gorgeous beast?

Anything else I should know about it before I take possession later this week?

DC

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any updates on your ride> ?
Love it. Only a few little quirks I dislike, that I've mentioned in other threads. Where you put your phone, the door won't close unless you buy a special USB ribbon adapter. The cup holders don't even hold a bottle of water. Basically, it will hold a small bottle of water or a normal can, but anything bigger no good. The trunk is not nearly as big as I thought it would be; I have to lay my golf clubs diagonally, and if I have more than one set I need to do them as a X to fit both. I do have issues sometimes with CarPlay connecting, wish it were all wireless but whatever. Expensive upkeep, but that was expected....

Minor annoyances, though. It drives like a dream, is gorgeous, constantly get compliments on it. I drove it twice from Atlanta to upstate NY this summer. 13 hour trip. Put it in ICE mode, and could drive almost the entire way with just stopping once for gas. And typically that drive is brutal, but this car is so comfortable I could have kept driving for another four hours and it wouldn't have bothered me. I've put 10k on it in five months. During a pandemic. When not having to drive to work every day. Needless to say, I love just taking it out for a ride if I am bored.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got the base model 2017 Ghibli. It is an incredible car. I do not mind the USB issue because I got a shorter cable off amazon. The cup holders are small, but what do you expect for an Italian car. They do not load up on Big Gulps, like I do. Haha! I really enjoy the car though. Something to know is the brakes squeak, just part of the deal haha. But aside from that, absolute dream car. I only drive about 1,000 miles a month if that though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cheemis, that's awesome! im gonna wait until January to see what prices look like for the 17 or 18.... i've heard about those brakes from a few people yea.... enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have a 2017 SQ4, got it in January 2020, so a 10 month Pro/Con:

Pro's:
  • #1 is easy, the design of the car, it is one sexy looking machine and different from the same cars you see everyday.
  • Exhaust note, obvious but a pro
  • Relatively comfortable interior with an Italian touch

Con's:
  • #1 here is also easy, it does not handle well compared to cars in it's class. It rides heavy and takes corners like a Ford Explorer. Wish I had Skyhook.
  • It sounds faster than it is. It may be 400+hp, but it is slow off the line which is more of a turbo lag thing. I would rather have pull from 0-30 than drive 125. It's really not that powerful by today's standards.
  • The Cruise Control sucks. I don't have adaptive and that tiny lever leaves a lot to be desired to increase and decrease speed and is not very responsive

Indifference:
  • cupholders are fine for me
  • installed wireless CarPlay dongle and flat cables so my door is always closed
  • Trunk is actually big, but definitely not designed for golf clubs, but it works, take the Driver and Woods out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2016 Ghibli S because I love the styling of the cars, I know about depreciation so I opted to stay away from the 2017 up models as I own several European cars. She is great for daily driving, if you are handy with tools the the prices you hear will be chopped in half or less, there are some good places besides the dealership that sell parts are very good prices. Also I noticed that each dealership gives you different prices so just shop around. All in I think its one of the best looking cars I own. She is also no slouch, just get a tune and that should make It much more responsive and cut down the lag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts