Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anytime my 2018 S Q4 is running I hear a ticking noise. Sounds like it’s coming from the passenger side. Is this normal?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Most likely the high pressure oil pump, totally normal. We all have it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
+1
If you're hearing it mostly from the passenger side back near the firewall in the engine bay, then yes that is completely normal. To not hear it, just hit your sport button ;-)

Reactions: NYCSQ4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now that I have my own Ghibli (2018 SQ4), I'm surprised at how loud that noise is inside the car. I'd heard it before standing outside idling cars as a mild background tick. But what I'm hearing while driving is a rather loud almost-knocking on every departure from a standing stop. So far (only 200 miles of driving) I don't appear get it when accelerating from a slow roll (10-15 mph). It's the kind of interior noise I would NOT have expected from this level of car. Makes me think that something is trying to tear itself apart!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Now that I have my own Ghibli (2018 SQ4), I'm surprised at how loud that noise is inside the car. I'd heard it before standing outside idling cars as a mild background tick. But what I'm hearing while driving is a rather loud almost-knocking on every departure from a standing stop. So far (only 200 miles of driving) I don't appear get it when accelerating from a slow roll (10-15 mph). It's the kind of interior noise I would NOT have expected from this level of car. Makes me think that something is trying to tear itself apart!
2018 must be under warranty, stop by the dealer and have them check it out. I asked them to and told me it was the high pressure oil pump. I don’t even hear it anymore. Sounds like yours is something else if it bugs you that much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts