·
Registered
237 Posts
Looking good. Love those Tesoro wheels!

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
121 Posts
Very nice looking ride. I think I saw GranLusso on the fender and am wondering why it does not have the extended cuomo leather on the dashboard? Also, does it have the heated and ventilated seats? I do prefer your cupholders over mine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Union73!

It is a GranLusso. Color-matched dash and seats does not come standard with the GranLusso package. It is a no-cost option on any Ghibli model - base, S, or SQ4. With every trim level, you can choose between a complete Nero dash, Nero/(color of your seat) combination dash, or Nero with contrasting stitching dash. Try it out in the configurator. My car has the Nero with contrasting stitching.

Yes it has heated and ventilated seats as that is standard with the GranLusso package.

Other items that come standard with the GranLusso package include:
  • Chrome front fascia insert
  • Ermenegildo Zegna silk & leather upholstery (my car has the perforated leather seats instead)
  • Heated black & wood steering wheel
  • Adaptive full LED headlamps with High Beam Assist
  • 10-speaker Harman Kardon premium audio (mine is upgraded to the Bower & Wilkens)
  • Gloss black painted brake calipers

As for the cupholders, I wasn't crazy about this style when we bought it, but it has grown on me...now it is my favorite of the various styles.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
121 Posts
Very interesting. In 2018 the silk and leather was an upgrade (option). Mine does have the black plastic/seat color extended leather combination dash. For some reason mine came with the upgraded full leather steering wheel (not heated) but my invoice did not show that as an upgrade and the dealer could not explain it. I prefer the heated wheel you have. Check on the last three bullets. I think soft-close doors were standard as nothing listed on the invoice for them. The rest of the invoice options are in my signature.

I never used the configurator because I was looking for a 2018 and looked at the brochure with all the options. I was fortunate to come across my baby brand new on the dealer lot in March 2020, and bought it at a substantial discount.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, the above bullets are for the 2021 S GranLusso. However, I think they are basically the same as my 2019 judging from my window sticker, attached below. Even the last three bullets. You are probably right about the soft close doors as I think they were part of the GranLusso and GranSport packages early on but are more widely standard now - I'd have to research that.

Your car is a lot like my first Ghibli we bought new in 2014 - Grigio Maratea/Cuoio with Uranos. Such a great combination, and I still love it today. But we decided to try something different this time around. My wife told me to order from the factory so I played around in the configurator a lot. Then I figured out that I couldn't build one in the configuration I preferred at the time, which frustrated me. So I put the whole thing on the backburner. My son and I stopped by the dealer to see some of the colors/options in person in Aug 2020 and was told about the spectacular deals they were offering. I was blown away. I took a lot of photos and went home to think. I talked with the dealer later in the week and they sweetened the deal so we went down and bought this car straight off the showroom floor. I love it more each day.

I really didn't want the wood steering wheel and the dealer started talking to the factory to see if I could replace it. It felt funny in my hand when I steered from the 12 o'clock position...the wood felt squared-off and didn't follow the curve of my fingers when I wrapped them around the wheel. But I've slowly gravitated to the 9 o'clock position and it feels much more natural there, so I'm happy again. I too have noticed some GranLussos with the wood wheel and some without and the window stickers have shed no clues as to how it came to be that way. Which also scared me about ordering - would what arrived be slightly different than I had anticipated?

I probably would have ordered a car very similar to this, perhaps different colored calipers and I may have landed on different seats but the calipers and seats in this one would have been on my short list anyway so its totally possible I would have ordered it just like this. I would have ordered the paddle shifters, that is one difference. But again, ordering would have cost me waaay more than the deal I got on this one.

My 2014 was the base model and I can tell you without a doubt the bigger engine in the S is much better. There was a huge turbo lag in my 2014 base model, and there is virtually none that I can detect in my 2019 S. So much power instantly, just love it. The extra HP is pretty noticeable to me.

The Blu Nobile color is pretty mellow in most lighting, but in the bright sun it is WAY sparkly, more than anything I've ever seen on a car - like the car is covered in blue glitter! It is too much for my eye but my wife loves it and I'm mostly around the car when lighting is more subdued so I'm fine with it. Anyway, way more than you wanted to know.

Still loving the car!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The day we bought it, this Levante was in the parking lot with the same Blu Nobile paint. This shows how much sparkle there is in bright sunlight!

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
121 Posts
It's interesting how the options have changed. Your DAP was $1950; mine was $2800. My rear sunshade was standard equipment. I wanted the cold weather package but it was not so equipped. Paddle shifters are cool but I have them on my wife's Lincoln and I never bother to use them. In fact, I have not tried the "manual" shift mode on the SQ4 - I have an Audi A4 and a Crossfire that are true 6-speeds. The guy in my neighborhood has a 2018 GranSport in your blue and I test drove one in Chicago.

The deal on mine was too good to pass up - besides metallic gray is my favorite car color. Since yours was probably on the lot for over a year, I bet you received a good price, too. I paid $56,200 for mine new which I still feel is the steal of the century. This is not my daily driver, saw very little winter driving, and I generally use it for my long road trips. It has been from MI to SC, and MI to CT/NY three times and has only 10300 miles on the odo. I'm planning a road trip to CA this fall.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,474 Posts
Car looks great!!! I do like that color as I was on fence with first one but wife pressed me to go conservative ... Grigio Maratea/Cuoio and Uranos ... sound familiar.
I do have the wood/leather steering wheel and really like it ... the wood is not noticeable to me.

Interesting how the Ghibli options and technology has changed over the years

I've attached for comparison purposes 2014 price sheets, (base and SQ4). I picked SQ4 and ordered Premium, Cold Weather, Luxury, and Sport Packages plus power rear sunblind, Premium sound system (what a negative surprise), and a couple others such as windows and Urano's. Total was $92K before a painfully hard negotiated 11% discount plus additional $5K in 4 yr maintenance and tire & wheel insurance add-ons during the final closing at pick-up, (which is first time I saw the car). Only drive it on nice days ... so just under 16K miles on car.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Beerguy.

That price sheet matches my memory in many ways but some things look odd: there was a "Base Package" that cost $2890 and included sunroof, power seats, and auto-dimming mirrors? Does that mean there are some Ghiblis out there without those things or that the "Base Package" was required? Because I don't recall ever seeing a Ghibli without those things - my 2014 included.

The other odd things about the 2014s is that, even though memory seats were an option, the Ghiblis without that option still had the memory seat buttons on the driver's door. I found that out after we bought ours...who knew you could get a button for something that didn't exist? Strange.

Finally, Union yes I would have to say you got the deal of the century as I've never heard of a price that great before. Was your car a demonstrator? My dad used to get deals almost that good (still not that big a percent off!) but he bought demonstrators all the time. My deal came in somewhere close to midway between you and beerguy...I'm still happy as a lark.

·
Administrator
2,474 Posts
Thanks Beerguy.

That price sheet matches my memory in many ways but some things look odd: there was a "Base Package" that cost $2890 and included sunroof, power seats, and auto-dimming mirrors? Does that mean there are some Ghiblis out there without those things or that the "Base Package" was required? Because I don't recall ever seeing a Ghibli without those things - my 2014 included.
I think it is a quirky build sheet. I believe the Bases package was added to all US cars and the pricing sheet was later updated. This one is dated August 2013.

Reactions: svelte
1 - 12 of 12 Posts