Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Worst case scenario is the tail light not working. If there's a solution out there, it's going to be a simple plug-and-play device that translates the signals (or simply swaps the pins). Losing your warranty over such a thing is a possibility, I guess, but you can always put your old tail lights on when going in for service.
You're right, that is a possibility, but just not worth it to me... I gave up on those new ones.
The original tail lights kind of grew on me, and now I like them better than the new style anyway. :)
Will most likely tint them to look darker though.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I love better the old ones then the new ones
The new ones are a copy of what we have all around here in bmw, seat Toyota etc....
Same for the old 2019 tachometer and the new one I prefer by far the old one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it possible to upgrade the 2015 ghibli tail lights to the new 2021 tail lights? Just curious.
I did upgrade my taillights on a 2018 ghibli grandsport sq4, the side lights plug in fine but you will have to jump a few wires together to make the blinker and reverse lights work. For the trunk lights i just hard wired them and made it work also. After spending the money and no returns I made them work and it looks and works great.
Tire Wheel Plant Car Sky

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you get them to work, or if the dealer is able to program them to function properly, please let me know. I’ve been looking I to getting a set as well as I prefer the all led lighting and much cleaner/simpler modern look to them.
I got them to work by changing the wiring around some. No error codes and works fine

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did upgrade my taillights on a 2018 ghibli grandsport sq4, the side lights plug in fine but you will have to jump a few wires together to make the blinker and reverse lights work. For the trunk lights i just hard wired them and made it work also. After spending the money and no returns I made them work and it looks and works great. View attachment 22029
Awesome! Glad someone figured out it could be done.

Would you be willing to possibly put together a write up or how-to guide here on how you completed the retrofit? I’d really like to buy a pair and put them in but not too sure how to do this and get them to operate properly. I’m sure quite a few of us here are in the “love the new ones” boat and would be extremely thankful if you could do this. Especially as I’m sure whatever modifications you made for them to work would also most likely directly apply to the levante and quattroporte as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a 2018 ghibli gransport sq4
Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm enrico fron italy. I have a maserati ghibli sq4 2018. I would like to put a tailghts facelift 2021, i have look that you have put on your car and work perfect. So can you help me with wires? With example or photo or scheme? Many many thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I signed up here just to confirm that the dealership is full of it as usual, when it comes to the Levantes at least. Took a chance and bought an OEM set of tails from a MY21 and it's perfectly plug and play. No re-wiring or re-programming at all. All functions work, no error messages on the dash or anything like that. PS, I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but looks like I am in major need of a buff!!

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood

21 - 32 of 32 Posts