Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:|I'm looking to put 20s on my Ghibli. My dealer was giving me a great deal on 20s but I waited to long and sold them. He is giving me the exact same deal but on 22s which look awesome but am concerned about the ride/feel. I currently have 18's. Lots of cushion but no looks. Any advice?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Didn't knew maserati had 22'

I had to choose between the 20 and 21' but because of the 2500€ difference and the less sporty look of the 21' i've taken the 20's. 18 and 19' where no option for me since I really need to feel the road just as I had on all my previous cars.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
22"s - wow!!!

Even 21"s are not an option in the NE in US but I would imagine that ride is too firm also;

·
Registered
189 Posts
if you can get the 21" titano wheel for the same price as the 20's, do it. They're forged as opposed to cast like the rest of the lineup. That said, be careful of potholes. 22's are a bit too aggressive to me. I like a little more tire on my wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2,145 Posts
Going from 18" to 22" rims is a huge jump for the Ghibli. I'm not sure what type of suspension option you had put on the car.

I have 20" Urano's and really like them ... firm and responsive. Loaners tend to have the 18" rims and I notice a big difference ... much softer "confortable" ride.

If I didn't live in a snow / pothole area I would have ventured to the 21" forged Titano for the looks. They also feel rougher than my 20" so be aware if your venturing into 21/22" territory. Although, if the dealer said you can have the 21" for the same price as 20" ... I would have taken them.

Reactions: lilith

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
So I got the 20's and like the ride better. :)

question: did you have the wheels built using factory offsets or did you change them up a bit? from the photos your wheels appear to be further out?

question 2: what tire sizes are you running? 245/40 (F) - 285/35 (R)

I see a lot of guys going for the black wheels these days. I like the black a lot myself but never had the balls to pull the trigger.. I am def going to black though, the car IMO looks more sporty and mean with the black.. take a trip to any Ferrari or lambo dealer and black is pretty much the standard on the exotics around my area.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
question: did you have the wheels built using factory offsets or did you change them up a bit? from the photos your wheels appear to be further out?

question 2: what tire sizes are you running? 245/40 (F) - 285/35 (R)

I see a lot of guys going for the black wheels these days. I like the black a lot myself but never had the balls to pull the trigger.. I am def going to black though, the car IMO looks more sporty and mean with the black.. take a trip to any Ferrari or lambo dealer and black is pretty much the standard on the exotics around my area.
Front are Lexani CSS-15 20"x8.5, Nitto 245/30/20, Rear are 20"x10 285/30/20

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Front are Lexani CSS-15 20"x8.5, Nitto 245/30/20, Rear are 20"x10 285/30/20

what about the offset?

the factory wheel specs are 43 front and 45 rear for both the 20" and 21" versions.

your wheels look further out but maybe its just the photos and the angle.. I know its not from the tires b/c you are using the factory width of 245 and 285 respectively.. so any changes would be a result of a diff offset or spacers...

·
Registered
2 Posts
:|I'm looking to put 20s on my Ghibli. My dealer was giving me a great deal on 20s but I waited to long and sold them. He is giving me the exact same deal but on 22s which look awesome but am concerned about the ride/feel. I currently have 18's. Lots of cushion but no looks. Any advice?

·
Registered
614 Posts
the front spec wheels are same as factory, the rear are half an inch narrower. the tire size choice though.... could have went with factory size on those wheels. 245 40 20 and 285 35 20 and they'd fill the wheel well a bit better. wheels look good though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts