Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my ghibli two days ago it's a well upgraded base. Once I got home, i parked it for 1 hour, tried to unlock both keyfobs wont work. I unlock the car via key, alarm went off the, i dont remember how i disarmed it (WAS PRESSING A WHOLE BUNCH OF BUTTONS SIMULTAENIOUSLY). Then tried to start car, front screen says "UNABLE TO DETECT KEY FOB." It started after 5 mins. of waving around keyfobs in the cabin area.

I've noticed during short drives it doesnt happen, i would say after parking it from a >20mile drive, it starts to trip like that. Will bring it in the dealer tomorrow and will keep you updated.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sorry to hear..........please be sure to PM anderson_76 who is building a issues spreadsheet for presentation to Maserati................

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Since this is happening with both of your fobs I am 100% certain that both of your fobs are OK.

You have a defective control box. This is the module that the fob talks to giving you access to the car. I am not certain about the ghibli but on other Maserati models the control box is located behind the left rear door armrest.

You need to get this fixed ASAP before you get stuck somewhere. Once that box fails completely the car won't move. Try not to sound the alarm bc you don't want that to get stuck either otherwise you won't have anyway of turning it off. Even disconnecting the battery won't help since the alarm itself has a built in battery backup.

Have them replace the control module ASAP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since this is happening with both of your fobs I am 100% certain that both of your fobs are OK.

You have a defective control box. This is the module that the fob talks to giving you access to the car. I am not certain about the ghibli but on other Maserati models the control box is located behind the left rear door armrest.

You need to get this fixed ASAP before you get stuck somewhere. Once that box fails completely the car won't move. Try not to sound the alarm bc you don't want that to get stuck either otherwise you won't have anyway of turning it off. Even disconnecting the battery won't help since the alarm itself has a built in battery backup.

Have them replace the control module ASAP.

Thanks for the advice, I have it scheduled to be brought in next thursday since the techs are at the dealer were on a seminar at the time i brought the car in.

One thing i'm noticing tho, is when the car is outside it works fine. When i park it on our parking lot, which is underground, then it stops working. Totally confused, I have never seen this happen to any of my cars that has keyless entry. I have a rav4 that is keyless go like parked in same lot, no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts