Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

any Idea where to find aftermarket brake pads (ceramic would be cool) and discs?

Regards,
Andreas

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi everyone,

any Idea where to find aftermarket brake pads (ceramic would be cool) and discs?

Regards,
Andreas
The Front pads yes you can find, depends if 4 or 6 pistons models, Diesel MY 15 are 6, before 4.
Rear MY15 4 pistons, before floating calipers.

The disks I dont think so, but MRPA will be able to help I'm sure, however he is in the States and Diesel are not exported there.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Fredvr, the Alfa 159 4 piston calipers are identical to what the Ghiblis use, do you know if the pads are compatible as well?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Toshi,

Looks very similar, but not 100% sure. Same goes for the Rear, floating one, but the caliper is different as it has no handbrake system, the hand brake being a drum inside the disk.
The 2017 is different they put an extra caliper on the rear like the Giulia.

But it is realively easy to find the equivalent on the aftermarket, and not at Maserati prices.
I have found equivalent bits for the 6 and 4 pistons for the 2015.

I will make a post to list the parts.

I did not go for a pre-2015 as I think the brakes are limit on the 159, when you push it hard, so for a car 100+ kg more, I thought they might suffer.

I believe the 2014 330CV has the same brakes as the Diesel, but they quickly put the S and S Q4 braking system.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yeah, I don't know about the floating rear ones, the handbrake mechanism is different for the Maseratis. I have and S Q4 with the 6/4 piston brakes, and the rear calipers on the Ghibli are identical to the front ones in my 159 - I still have the car and I can look at them side by side.

I'm curious because I still have a set of unopened Brembo HP2000 pads from the 159, which might come in handy when I'll need a replacement for the Ghibli (that if I can find HP2000 for the front brakes too)

My 159 Q4 is a bit heavier than the Ghibli, and one of the first things I've done was to get braided brake lines, replace the stock rotors with crossdrilled ones and get Performance Friction pads (which ruined the rotors, but that's another story), so I don't really know how good or bad the stock brakes are :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
The problem with perf pads, they tend to eat the disks (rotors) I had a bad experience many years ago.
Regarding the pads for the SQ4 I have the equivalent ref I think, I will post when I have 5 minutes.

I believe there is a post where someone mentioned about equivalents.

Once I get mine, a Diesel, in January, it is a 2017 so it has the same brakes as the SQ4, I will take the pads out to check the Brembo reference/shape, I'll also put ceramic grease on the pins, they can easily seize, a well know problem on the Brembo calipers.

On the 159, there is a bit of fading after 15min of hard driving round very twisty roads.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Send PM or email with last 6 digits of your VIN and I will get you squared away. We have semi metallic and ceramics, Brembo and aftermarket. We also have the factory discs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hallo there!

I have a 2016 diesel with 6 piston brake in front and 4 piston brake rear.

Which discs and pads do you recommend for my ghibli?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Peter,

For the pads I used ATE 604806, you have to chamfer them on the top side, so they don't make noise.
You can also buy Brembo P50092
The disks, I had my skimmed just the wear lip that's all, they are still thicker than the limit.
You can buy the on Ebay or Scuderia parts.
I bought a set when I was in the States, from R1 concepts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you very very much!

So Brembo P50092 fit plug & play at the front brakes?

Which sensors do I need for the brake pads?

And which fit rear?

Thanks alot!

Peter

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Peter,
I haven't put sensors on mine, i check periodically the pad thickness, so for me sensors are just an option I don't need.
Every time I check tyre pressure (every 2 months) I check the pads thickness.

For the rear, look at Brembo P36020 or
HAWK ceramic
HB663Z.557 or D1428 160$ 663N is better
Equivalent cars: Hyundai Genesis coupé, Tesla 4729501

·
Registered
460 Posts
No, you don't get wear warning, that's all.
When you change the pads there is no error nor need to do any intervention on the OBDII Diagnostic plug.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts