Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I remember reading/hearing that they were aiming for 20-25K Ghiblis worldwide.

Also heard that would translate into about 1K Ghiblis in the UK, which still makes it quite a rare car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I remember reading/hearing that they were aiming for 20-25K Ghiblis worldwide.

Also heard that would translate into about 1K Ghiblis in the UK, which still makes it quite a rare car.
Even with those percentages, it still is less than Porsche's sales. Hopefully, the Masers will stay in that rarified air and still meet their objectives. (Translation -- it is okay if you and I have one but not the guy down the street from us.)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hopefully, the Masers will stay in that rarified air and still meet their objectives. (Translation -- it is okay if you and I have one but not the guy down the street from us.)

And that is one of the main reasons I bought one! I don't mind seeing the odd Ghibli here and there because it gives me a chance to admire the design. It's a car to be admired both inside and out.

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
Well from what I've read in their financial briefs, Fiat is counting on Maserati to be their growth brand. Their capital investment (significant automation upgrades) in several Italian plants will deliver a target 45,000 per year globally over their strategic plan.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Here are the details behind the percentages.

Looks like the Teutons are selling SUVs (Levante anyone? >:D) and not so much on the Sedan side, unlike Maserati and even Jaguar.

DD

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I would not be concerned - even with 75,000 world wide total units per annum - look at the numbers for US alone in February 2014:

Audi 10,881
BMW 22,017
Mercedes-Benz 24,030
Porsche 3,232
Maserati 837

The Maserati number is up from approx 200 last year for same period. The NA sales represent 1/3 of all thie cars worldwide, which is 25,000 per anuum or roughly 2,100 units per month from a total sales volume of over 1/1 million units

Still works for me

Taken from :

USA Auto Sales Brand Rankings - February 2014 YTD - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

DD

Reactions: Spsesq and tjsbeer

·
Registered
312 Posts
837...is sooo small....I LOVE IT!

Reactions: Schnippy

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Best sales month in the company's history

Here are this month's data:

Auto Sales - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com

Mercedes-Benz28,881
Audi of America Inc.16,601
BMW of North America Inc.29,602
Jaguar *1,304
Maserati *1,144 INCREASE OF 406% OVER MAY 2013

YTD sales 4,475 or YOY increase percentage of 357 %

Audi up 25.5
MB 8.8
BMW 17.7

Mostly due to selling of entry level cars like A3/CLA/2-Series except for Audi selling more A6/A7s too

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ed
It is funny you mention the Jags. I have seen at least five new jags in my area. I saw one in East Brunswick on Sunday. My son commented on it and we agreed, we didn't like the shape. If you notice the rear from the wheel well to the end of the car, it is too long. Maybe it has a lot of storage room, but it looks off proportioned.
Steve

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ed
It is funny you mention the Jags. I have seen at least five new jags in my area. I saw one in East Brunswick on Sunday. My son commented on it and we agreed, we didn't like the shape. If you notice the rear from the wheel well to the end of the car, it is too long. Maybe it has a lot of storage room, but it looks off proportioned.
Steve
I agree on that except for this model: (I like it even more than my Ghibli)

·
Registered
480 Posts
I agree. This Jag is different. Very nice looking car, but not our competition. Mainly because it is a coupe, not a four door sedan. Had I needed or wanted or even found a two door coupe practical for me I still may not have looked at a Jaguar. I would not have considered a $135,000 maserati and probably would have gravitated towards BMW or Mercedes. But I wanted four things only Maserati could offer:
1) exclusivity and non conformity;
2) Four door style and sportiness in one package;
3) price range of $75-85k before taxes fees and extras; and most of all
4) FUN DRIVING EXPERIENCE

I ended up with all four and love my choice!!!

Steve

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Here are the latest figures up to July 2014.

I hope the CEO is true to his word about the build quality over sales from late 2014 models on and exclusivity after 2018 by limiting total sales to 75,000!

DD

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts