Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice car... What other mods do you have in mind?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks great - how hard was it to remove vacuum lines? Will that affect emissions? Wish can do darker tint here but 35% is legal limit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm really not sure what other mods i'm interested in as of yet. Hoping to get some ideas from fellow owners. I did forget to mention I removed the Ghibli and Q4 badging from the rear. Looks much cleaner without them (though the Q4 badge is quite nice looking, but I still prefer it off).

I wouldn't mind doing something with the under-door illumination to have a Maserati logo or trident, rather than just the light. Lots of other manufacturers do this. I was driving an Evoque a few months ago that had a nice silhouette of the car breaming down from the mirrors, would love to have the same on the Ghibli.

I also have the premium audio system, with the same complaint as others all over the forums. So I may look to do something with that.

The vacuum lines and such was easy. Pull them off, plug them, tie them out of the way. I'm not sure if it will effect emissions, just noise. In my state, 40% is legal limit for window tints, but i've had 8% for ~5 years now without ever having an issue. Not to mention i'll never use a front license plate even though its required in my state.

Edit: Here's a photo of the Evoque.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
Here she is..

8% Supreme tint, front 1/3rd has paint protection (clear bra). Also, removed vacuum lines from active exhaust to open it up full time. Sounds great!

I'm ready to do some more mods!
Looks really nice!!! I expect you must be in a warm / neutral climate with smooth roads for those 21" wheels.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How did you like the evoque?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Those 21s are beautiful. I scoffed at the price when buying my car. A few months later, I saw a set, and have been kicking myself ever since. They look even better in person.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
How did you like the evoque?
Range Rover Evoque is really nice. We just bought one in JAN. Drives really nice and the snow mode works really well. Overall a very nice compact SUV.
Sound system is so much nicer than my Ghibli premium sound. Land Rover did a great job with Evoque. It also won Motor trend SUV of the year when it first came out in 2012!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Evoque was really nice, just not my style. I'd rather spend the extra and get a Range Rover sport.

Back to the Ghibli, i've ordered some LEDs for the under door lights, with the hopes that they'll be bright enough for me to play with the plastic housing and possibly embed a Maserati logo to project onto the ground.

The first challenge I see is taking the plastic piece that covers the light, and smoothing it out so it doesn't have the light dispersing plastic bumps, but rather a clear, flat piece of plastic that will be more transparent. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts around this, i'm open to suggestion. I'm not sure if sanding plastic would allow it to be clear enough for this?

Then the second challenge is to put a Maserati logo on that piece of plastic in such a way that when the door is open, the Maserati logo shines through onto the ground.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Search my posts and look at my aluminum pedals. They add a ton a character to the interior. Very inexpensive upgrade, roughly $200. Will add a ton of aesthetic value though. Add the premium mats to the cabin like I did and you're set. Both upgrades cost me $350 total for both. Huge value

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Search my posts and look at my aluminum pedals. They add a ton a character to the interior. Very inexpensive upgrade, roughly $200. Will add a ton of aesthetic value though. Add the premium mats to the cabin like I did and you're set. Both upgrades cost me $350 total for both. Huge value
Good ideas. I have the sport pack on my car, so I have stock aluminum pedals, and they look good enough for me.

I did check out some of the various posts on floor mats. Looks like there are a few different varieties, and I must say, all the options look much better than stock! Prices seemed a bit high for me, but might consider them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts