Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So folks, I wanna share my experience with my ghibli.

Back in November 2018, my beloved 2008 BMW 750Li broke down and I said no more. No more putting money into fixing it up. I scrapped it and went and got a 2018 ghibli. The base package. Not gransport or granlusso.

At the time, I couldn’t afford a quattroporte, or else that would have made sense going from a 7 series.

Since I have the ghibli, I realize it’s more of a sporty car. I like it, but I really miss the size of the 7. It was quick when it wanted to be, but it was comfortable ALWAYS.

So now I’m thinking about breaking my lease, taking the depreciation hit, and going for either a Alpina b7, s63 Amg or quattroporte.

I test drove a white on white AMG, it’s beautiful on the inside, but the ride isn’t as thrilling as I thought it would be. I drove the granlusso sQ4 quattroporte and it was white with red interior, just beautiful and classy. You can feel the Italianness in it. I have yet to drive the Alpina b7.

Any thoughts on what I should go for and what to look out for with each car would be greatly appreciated. I’ll keep you folks in the loop as well.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, oh yeah, that!

So i have 9k miles. I have had issues with the infotainment system randomly shutting off whenever I turn the volume higher than 30. Dealer says software update is needed but that update isn’t out yet. Really annoying considering the screen sometimes goes off multiple times a day.

Another thing that bothers me is that on the base speaker package, there is a constant static white noise coming from the speakers when there is nothing playing. This goes to show how cheap the speakers are.

Besides that I have had a sunroof rattle and drives side window making screeching noise whenever raised and lowered.

The car drives sporty. It’s fun to drive but because of the sportiness, rough over bumps. I came from a large luxury sedan so I’m having a hard time adjusting to the size and ride comfort.

All in all it’s just not for me. But I would take it over other cars in its class any day, since it’s a head turner and that engine exhaust note is amazing. Best sounding V6 I have heard, and even better than some V8s.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
31 Posts
I would suggest that whatever you buy next, you take it on an extended test drive. Maybe for a weekend. Your exit and entry costs for these level of cars are pretty steep, but that does not bother some people. I tend to fall in love with my cars and keep them almost forever, so cost of entry does not mean much. Good luck with your next ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts