Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am about to jump into the Maserati "family" tomorrow. My very first Maserati after driving several BMWs for the past 15 years.

When I got my first BMW, I was so excited. But nowadays, I feel the BMW brand has kind of "diluted" its premium and I think has also lost a bit of its tradition. They now have so many models in so many different segments of the market! I don't seem to get the same excitement anymore. BMWs everywhere in the street, big ones and small ones.... Its just another car...

I was looking for something different and when Maserati came up with the Ghibli, it fits my bill. I guess I am one of Ghibli's target customer, someone looking for something unique, a premium brand, a sports car but yet comfortable enough for the family. 100% perfect match!:)

I have heard a lot about Maserati having more problems than the BMW, well, I hope they are just small issues that can be easily fixed...

Placing my order tomorrow. Nero Ribelle with cuoio interior.

Any comments if I should get the extended leather that has cuoio on parts of the dash and door handles?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I was comparing some of the pictures and I think I will get it.

Also set my eyes on the 19"Proteo wheels

·
Registered
7 Posts
welcome to the family, I am also from HK and got the same feeling that you had….. so I decided to make some changes and placed the order in early March…..

·
Registered
73 Posts
K2....congrats brutha...I have the same ribelle with cuoio and 19in proteo. I highly recommend the extended leather. It makes a big difference.also get the sport package with paddles. The car is an absolute delight.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nero Ribelle ho leng! S Q4? Or is only the S version available in HK? And do yourself a favor and opt for the 20s.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the input. I was comparing some of the pictures and I think I will get it.

Also set my eyes on the 19"Proteo wheels

hi ksquare, i am also from HK.. ordered by ghibli in Feb.. my car is due to arrive in July.. its such a long wait and im so anxious!! when did your dealer say you car will arrive?

are you getting the ghibli S or base model? definitely get the S model.. its well worth the money! IMO you dont get the true maserati driving experience unless you get the S model.

I also agree with RSM.. definitely get the 20" uranos instead..i think anything under the 20" wheels look too small for the ghibli, especially because its relatively a longer wheelbase

the extended leather is nice.. but i'd go with the full premium leather.. definitely dont stick with the standard leather.. it's very rough and doesnt look valuable..

i know in HK all the options are pretty much individually separated (ie. no sport package), but i'd add most of the options.. i think you're gonna at least have to add 200k HKD worth of options to get a fully loaded ghibli.. and IMO it's worth the add.. you dont wanna get a bare minimum car if you're getting a maserati anyway

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks very much everyone for your valuable input and welcome.

The following are my details

Model : Ghibli 330HP (enough for me as I currently have a 3ltr turbo engine churning out 306hp and feel its more than enough for me)

Exterior : Nero Ribelle (I was thinking of the grigio maratea. but opted for NR when I saw it in the flesh yesterday. Though black, it is a really different black with the grey flakes. I can still change though over the next few weeks when I hopefully get to see some GM cars)

Interior : Standard leather, cuoio (I know it feels rougher than the premium, but it will be more durable which for me is more important. Strange enough, I actually prefer it to be a bit grainy)

Options:
- 19" Proteo wheels
- Extended leather
- Inox Foot pedals
- Gear shift pedals
- sunroof

The sales guy said to expect delivery in October.....(such a long wait!!! BMW normally has 3 mth wait or custom orders). Cant wait till I get my hands on this car....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts