Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A first date with a girl may have compelled me to buy a Ghibli!

So, I met a beautiful girl out for dinner in Manhattan last night, and her many charms include a passion for cars. I have been fortunate enough to have owned an M5, M3, Jaguar XK-R, Audi S5, Porsche 911 C4S, and many other cool vehicles. We started talking about my lack of an Italian car in my history. Fast forward to this morning (sorry you don't get to hear the rest of the date story!), and I decided to play online. Now, I might HAVE to by a Maserati Ghibili.

So, I'm going to share a few things about me, my auto needs, and I hope you guys can chime in and help.

Money isn't an issue, but I will never overpay.

I currently drive a 2011 Range Rover Supercharged (the BIG one), and LOVE it. The power, mostly torque, is immense (same engine as I had in my Jaguar) despite having to lug 6,000 pounds.

I love the comfort my Range Rover provides.

I need to transport BIG (62cm) bicycles with me from Manhattan to Connecticut, so fold-down rear seats are a must if I lose the Range Rover. Lack of this option is literally a deal-breaker.

I'm a single guy with no family or pets.

I live in CT, but work in Manhattan and spend most of the week in Manhattan. Sadly, any car I drive spends most of its time in the parking garage in my apartment building.

I'm VERY tall (6'4" tall with a 37" inseam for pants), but weigh only 200 pounds. Often, leg room is the deciding factor in buying (or not) a vehicle in my world.

I love drama. Blue Emozione for exterior and either brown or red interior will be a must! Red calipers? YES PLEASE.

I loved the sound of the sport exhaust on my 2012 Porsche 911 C4S, and I have a feeling the Ghibli may sound even better (it HAS to sound better than 2014 Formula 1 cars!!!).

I will definitely be in the bigger motor in the Maserati.

It appears the Ghibli I love is just over $91,000 based on the Maserati website's build tool. I plan on leasing, but I'd love to know where I can likely expect to see that price as Maserati gets more aggressive incentivizing dealers to make room for 2015 models.

I'd like to purchase in Manhattan. Any salesperson to ask for?

CHIME IN PLEASE!!!

Darrin

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not to be a wet blanket, but the room for bikes is likely to be a showstopper. The Ghibli trunk is not deep at all; I doubt you could fit one bike through it into the back seats, much less multiple bikes. The seats do fold down, but if you are relying on the trunk space it will be a very tight squeeze.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to be a wet blanket, but the room for bikes is likely to be a showstopper. The Ghibli trunk is not deep at all; I doubt you could fit one bike through it into the back seats, much less multiple bikes. The seats do fold down, but if you are relying on the trunk space it will be a very tight squeeze.
Only one bike! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have to put a walker for a disabled person in the Ghibli trunk and its not a problem. Trunk, without putting down rear seat, is as deep as the BMW 535 I traded for the Ghibli.

·
Administrator
2,515 Posts
I will be leg room cozy at a 37" inseam. My son is 6'5" and 250 pounds (36" inseam) and he just fits in drivers seat ... but does so comfortably with head pretty close to the roof when adjusted properly.

I'm about 6'3" and 190 lbs (34/35" inseam) and have no problems at all. In fact, can pull seat all the way back /down and really stretch out with no one behind me.

I use the Ghibli for driving fun ... back and forth to work or anywhere my heart desires. I keep an Escalade for hauling stuff and bad weather. It gets the same gas mileage so takes that variable out of the decision process.:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Darrin- You are in luck. I had 3 amazing deals in my grasp. I had to pick one. Two others left behind, both still amazing. PM me. I'll hook you up with numbers, dealership, etc.

·
Registered
278 Posts
All those cool cars you had, and no family or pets, you must have a good job ;), although my wife cost me a car every single year...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I will be leg room cozy at a 37" inseam. My son is 6'5" and 250 pounds (36" inseam) and he just fits in drivers seat ... but does so comfortably with head pretty close to the roof when adjusted properly.

I'm about 6'3" and 190 lbs (34/35" inseam) and have no problems at all. In fact, can pull seat all the way back /down and really stretch out with no one behind me.

I use the Ghibli for driving fun ... back and forth to work or anywhere my heart desires. I keep an Escalade for hauling stuff and bad weather. It gets the same gas mileage so takes that variable out of the decision process.:)
Don't forget in order to put the rear seats down, the front seats cannot be moved all the way back. I'm 6'3" and it is uncomfortable to drive with the front seat forward enough to put the rear seats down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts