Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - looking at the new Ghibi and had a few things I was wondering about. Coming from the Audi world so loving the potential of a turbo'ed AWD car (that doesn't push).

1. Does the Ghibli have a spare tire or just a glorified "fix-a-flat"?

2. Anyone have access to a service schedule the Ghibi, and are Maserati's pretty easy to work on for a shade-tree mechanic? Some Audis are notorious for needing special tools and/or expensive machines for semi-regular maintenance.

3. The center screen (between the the tach and speedo) - what is displayed there? I've seen some stills of doors open, ODO, etc., but any chance it displays MPH or boost pressures?

4. Finally, anyone know if the navi system can be programmed while the car is in motion? Serious pet peeve of mine is when I'm driving our Toyota and my wife is trying to plug in an address but everything is disabled until the vehicle stops.

Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
1. In the US, all Ghiblis has a 18" spare. I would expect other regions to be the same as well.

2. I actually researched this exact same issue. I don't have a service schedule for the Ghibli but took a look on maserati.com at the 2013 Quattroporte service schedule. I was not able to find the service schedule for the 2014 Quattroporte. Essentially the car needs a minor service every 12.5k Miles, and a slightly more involved service every 25k miles. In the US, dealers charge about $1250 for the minor service, and about $1700 for the more involved service. I couldn't find any indications about how easy it is to work on a modern Maserati. I don't shy away from working on my own cars, but for this car I am going to let the dealer do the work.

3. The center screen between the dials displays vehicle status, warning lights, and etc. I am sure it also displays trip, mpg, and etc. I don't know if it displays the MPH, though it's likely. I am almost certain it doesn't display the boost. No one in a Maserati would care about the boost level, nor is this information useful. The Maserati uses twin parallel turbines and is probably a low boost design anyway.

4. I don't know - I hope so since I often ask the navigator (passenger) to make changes while we are in motion.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so I did some research on the GPS system in the car. The same system is used in several Chrysler cars, but is highly rated and easy to use. See first few minutes of the below. Don't know if we are getting the "performance" menu but it would be cool.

2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

In answer to my original question, I don't think you can type in addresses while moving. However, there are hacks to this (aftermarket), and I believe you can still input addresses or destinations via voice command.

·
Registered
69 Posts
OK, so I did some research on the GPS system in the car. The same system is used in several Chrysler cars, but is highly rated and easy to use. See first few minutes of the below. Don't know if we are getting the "performance" menu but it would be cool.

2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

In answer to my original question, I don't think you can type in addresses while moving. However, there are hacks to this (aftermarket), and I believe you can still input addresses or destinations via voice command.
They should put a weight sensor in the passenger seat so that when someone is sitting there you are able to input destinations while driving. I get why they don't want people driving and typing addresses at the same time, but there must be a way to allow the passenger to do it for you if you have one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
3. The center screen between the dials displays vehicle status, warning lights, and etc. I am sure it also displays trip, mpg, and etc. I don't know if it displays the MPH, though it's likely. I am almost certain it doesn't display the boost. No one in a Maserati would care about the boost level, nor is this information useful. The Maserati uses twin parallel turbines and is probably a low boost design anyway.
I'm thinking boost would actually be pretty valuable, especially for anyone who like tinkering with their cars. Besides, I think we are getting a front/rear torque distribution display on the Q4:

http://cdn.autoweek.com/galleryimage/CW/20130409/CARNEWS/409009998/PH/1/14/New-2014-Maserati-Ghibli-sedan-interior-photo-gallery.jpg&MaxW=630

Edit: Yes, the center display shows MPH along with other stuff. Still don't know about boost, though.

·
Registered
852 Posts
On servicing my dealer told me 2 years or 12K miles $600-$1K. Your numbers are much higher.....am I getting sold to get me in the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts