Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just advised that effective today there will be a $1,200 increase on the Ghibli S Q4!!!! Got confirmation of my order from Italy yesterday so I am safe. Car is in production four months and a price increase? Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Do you know why there's a price increase?
Considering the overall price of a Ghibli, the price increase shouldn't be much of an issue. I know some people might notice and complain.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea..............someone said supply and demand but they are discounting so makes no sense except that with the same discounting more money on every sale and minimal uptick from buyer perspective ($18 a month for a 36 mo lease and $21 for 60 month lease with 7% tax) I started a thread here and on maseratilife and am sure we will hear more from forum participants.............at this price point if you cannot handle the increase probably should not be buying!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
They also "officially" increased the price of the sport package to $4,840 from $1,550.

In addition to the inclusions before, the new sport package now includes 19" Proteo wheels, Red/Blue/Siler Brake Calipers, and Extended Leather.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is a copy of the information the dealers received:

Dear Maserati Dealers:
Effective January 8, 2014, Maserati North America, Inc. will implement the following base price actions on the 2014 Ghibli for the U.S. market. Option prices remain unchanged.
Vehicle Line Model Base Price Increase Revised Base MSRP
Ghibli GH350R14 $1,300.00 $66,900.00
Ghibli S Q4 GH410A14 $1,200.00 $76,900.00
With these tactical pricing actions, key advertising price points and positioning remain competitive, while enabling greater flexibility for marketing support.
Bona fide sold orders obtained by you prior to January 10, 2014 will be price protected provided that:
• THE CUSTOMER NAME APPEARS ON THE FACTORY ORDER IN MODIS PRIOR TO 5:00 PM (EST) FRIDAY, JANUARY 10, 2014.

Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds to me like a tactic to perhaps get more orders in. The car has only been available for a little bit longer than 3 months.

My local dealer never mentioned anything about price increase ...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Maserati will manufacture a fixed number of Ghibli's this year. They've obviously determined higher demand, which justifies the increase. So although they won't make more Ghiblis, they'll certainly make more €s! And good for them and us, I hope this translates to better value retention, not that I plan to trade my Ghibli.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You have in the USA by far the lowest prices. We pay here in Europe about $ 20'000.- more for the Q4 in the base version. In Switzerland we pay incl 8% VAT CHF 93420.- = CHF 86500.- without VAT. This corresponds to $ 102660.-/95000.-
The US-price was certainly an introduction-price for the first months or they had to recalculate it because the mix beetween the 3 versions sold is different than originally planned. And certainly most of you negotiated very well getting good discounts and the dealers are probably not satisfied with the margin.
I'm a new member in the forum. I got my Q4 finally yesterday after 7 months of waiting. I was ordering on the first possible day in Switzerland (06/12/2013) and was the last one from the first order group to get the car. So at least I passed my time without the Q4 since months reading the forum as a guest....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Luciano, congrats on your Ghibli ! Where in Swiss are you located ? My order arrived last week Thursday in Lausanne and I will take delivery early next week, think it will be the 2nd one delivered from their dealer. Perhaps we should try and organize a get together / breakfast run here in Swiss ? What combinations did you take ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
How does a price increase get more orders in? Before the deadline?
As folks on the fence may just make the jump. Granted a car with a msrp over 80K it isn't too much of a difference, but counting that against someone looking for a 3 to 4 K discount does make quite a difference if that's a deal breaker.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Luciano, congrats on your Ghibli ! Where in Swiss are you located ? My order arrived last week Thursday in Lausanne and I will take delivery early next week, think it will be the 2nd one delivered from their dealer. Perhaps we should try and organize a get together / breakfast run here in Swiss ? What combinations did you take ?
I'm living in the lake of Zurich area. I have a grigio metallo (silver) with rosso/nero. I will post tomorrow some photos and comb. information on another thread. I tried today to attach photos with my I Pad but failed. So I try tomorrow with my labtop. We can certainly try to organize a get together. I think there are about 30 Ghiblis now in Switzerland and my dealer got incl. mine 4 Ghiblis on thursday. The car is fantastic and I wish you a good start next week with your new baby.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm living in the lake of Zurich area. I have a grigio metallo (silver) with rosso/nero. I will post tomorrow some photos and comb. information on another thread. I tried today to attach photos with my I Pad but failed. So I try tomorrow with my labtop. We can certainly try to organize a get together. I think there are about 30 Ghiblis now in Switzerland and my dealer got incl. mine 4 Ghiblis on thursday. The car is fantastic and I wish you a good start next week with your new baby.
What Great taste you have :D hehe.. Mine is Grigio Maratea with Rosso/nero interior and the 21 Titano wheels, and also arrived on Thursday so will probably do the delivery and final paperwork in the next 2-3 days. I took a couple of bad photos with my iPhone last week which i will try post now but will take some nice ones when I pick her up !

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the photos. Very nice, elegant and sportive. I have for the moment as well only I Phone photos but I have first to go to my labtop. Good luck with your baby.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts