Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ghibli SQ4 popped a symbol I believe is related to auto start but I can't find anything to verify or fix.

The symbol is a circled "A!".

Is this autostart? what does it mean and is there a reset?

Thank you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know how this happened. You probably pressed the brake and the accelerator at the same time. If you do, that symbol pops up and remains on until you turn the car off. The next time you start the car, it should be gone.

I know this because I'm a two-foot driver. I brake with my left foot and accelerate with my right foot. This gives me faster reaction times but in some cases makes my passengers seasick. haha.

Every once in a while I won't be completely off the accelerator when I start braking and that symbol pops up. It actually puts the car in some sort of limp mode for 2-3 seconds then everything is back to normal...except that symbol shows until I turn the car off.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure I know how this happened. You probably pressed the brake and the accelerator at the same time. If you do, that symbol pops up and remains on until you turn the car off. The next time you start the car, it should be gone.

I know this because I'm a two-foot driver. I brake with my left foot and accelerate with my right foot. This gives me faster reaction times but in some cases makes my passengers seasick. haha.

Every once in a while I won't be completely off the accelerator when I start braking and that symbol pops up. It actually puts the car in some sort of limp mode for 2-3 seconds then everything is back to normal...except that symbol shows until I turn the car off.

Hope that helps.

You may be right! I have found the symbol is for the autostart feature BUT I did drive "two footed" today during some spirited play. Hmmm. will see if it goes out. Odd for that light to be triggered by that.
Thank you.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
In the older SQ4's you used to be able to put your foot on brake and gas from cold start for launching the vehicle.
I believe if you are driving the brake and accelerator trips a safety limp/kill feature in the event the pedal gets stuck. There were reports of folks that had the accelerator get stuck because the carpet pushed up under the pedal give folks an experience they never expected.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Hope that helps.
****, I've never noticed the symbol but have had that short limp mode usually when hitting a round-de-bout pretty hot. It is down right dangerous, I want acceleration when I ask for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts