Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car lounge looks somewhat un-trafficked lately, so I'll post a question I've had for some time. Is there really any acceptable short version for the word 'Maserati' within our (owner) community? Should there be? And if so, spelling and phonetics.
Any unacceptable abbreviations? As in 'I hate it when people refer to the marque as.....'

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Interesting question ... not heard anyone or others ask this question or seen a good abbreviation.

·
Registered
542 Posts
find some of the several rap songs that mention them, use those. or don't use those. i can't recall which is the right answer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My personal list of unacceptable ones: Masi, Mazza, Mazzer and 'rati.
Yes! Thank you - can I say that I can't stand any of those either? 🤮 I would cringe if anyone used one of those in reference to my car or theirs.
I am inclined to believe that there really isn't a good abbreviation (like virtually every other marque of two syllables or more), but wondered if there might be an 'un-cringe-worthy' one.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use "Mas" but I am tempted to use "Maz" but that doesn't make sense even though the "z" seems a lot cooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts