Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got this car back in 2017 with 26,000 miles on it. What is recommended maintenance wise besides oil & brakes. I recently put on new pads/rotors/fluid (2nd time) and change the oil regularly. I have to check but I'm pretty sure I did the spark plugs at 36,000 miles, along with the cabin air filter. AC refrigerant just was replaced as my compressor went & I had to have that replaced. They also did new coolant.
I also had to have the electronic parking brake module replaced 2 years ago.
I had a headlight go out so I removed the bumper & changed BOTH bulbs last year.
I put a new battery in this year as well (1st one for me).

Differential(s) fluid flush?
Transmission fluid flush?
Belts?
Is there a timing belt or chain, and is that a concern at this mileage?
Anything else?

Thanks!

Ron

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got this car back in 2017 with 26,000 miles on it. What is recommended maintenance wise besides oil & brakes. I recently put on new pads/rotors/fluid (2nd time) and change the oil regularly. I have to check but I'm pretty sure I did the spark plugs at 36,000 miles, along with the cabin air filter. AC fluid just was replaced as my compressor went & I had to have that replaced.
I had a headlight go out so I removed the bumper & changed BOTH bulbs last year.

Coolant flush?
Belts?
Anything else?

Thanks!

Ron
Mine has 63k on it and I've done the Coolant flush when they replaced the radiator, I did the plugs, Diff front flush, Read Diff was replaced with new unit, belts were done at 59k. Did the Transmission flush as well. I think brakes will be next and I keep the oil changed regularly. I don't think the timing chains have been an issue on these engines from my readings, but others with more experience here my have better information.

That's awesome you have that kind of mileage on yours!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you do the front diff flush and the tranny flush yourself?
It's my daily driver unless I'm driving my C7Z.

·
Registered
181 Posts
No I had a local shop do those, the dealer wouldn't do it because it didn't call for it. I forgot I also did the transfer case flush as well.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I had a local shop do those, the dealer wouldn't do it because it didn't call for it. I forgot I also did the transfer case flush as well.
What did that job cost if I may ask? I think the tranny fluid pan needs to be replaced and that is $335 alone from Suderiaparts.

·
Registered
181 Posts
What did that job cost if I may ask? I think the tranny fluid pan needs to be replaced and that is $335 alone from Suderiaparts.
Yes, I purchased the Trans kit from Scuderia and then shop charged me ~$337 for the work and $92 for the fluid.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got this car back in 2017 with 26,000 miles on it. What is recommended maintenance wise besides oil & brakes. I recently put on new pads/rotors/fluid (2nd time) and change the oil regularly. I have to check but I'm pretty sure I did the spark plugs at 36,000 miles, along with the cabin air filter. AC fluid just was replaced as my compressor went & I had to have that replaced.

Coolant flush?
Belts?
Anything else?

Thanks!

Ron
Following... I'm right behind ya with my 2014 SQ4 at 87,000 miles. I have taken care of what needed to be done service-wise & just changed the oil myself.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Great to hear some of these are about to pass the century mark with minimal issues! Keep us posted and keep up the great maintenance!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did spark plugs, cabin air filter, cleaned the K&N air filters and changed the cabin air filter.
I also.out on new serpentine belts, but as I wrote in another thread, the belt is squealing so I am trying to fix that before I have to get another (different brand) belt and do the job again.

I have oil & filter ready to go, along with new tranny fluid and a new pan. Those I'll done on my lift in 2 weeks.
By the way I got the new pan for under $100 delivered from a company named Spareto..

Ron

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you have to replace the tranny pan when you change the tranny fluid?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts