Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having AC compressor engagement problems, it was intermittent now it is constant. Two days ago the AC blew ice cold. not likely a leak.

So, two questions for all you who clearly know more about this than I:

1. How does one perform the mysterious AC reset? ( I looked on dealer menu of MTC and found nothing)
2. Is there actually a fuse and /or AC relay under the carpet covered panel on the Passenger side foot well?

The intermittent behavior prior to failure makes me suspect a relay. All fuses were checked and are good.

2015 Base model petrol, USA car

·
Registered
644 Posts
1. no
2. no

there is a relay or two under the hood in that relay box, owners manual should have a lay out of it.
the reset is only for the blend/mode door travel ranges in the hvac assembly, can be done with a scan tool or it occurs by itself with a battery disconnect/discharge/reconnect on first key on. key should be left on for 30 sec or more on first on.

the intermittent nature of it would faster make me suspect it is a self switching issue, could be your cooling fans aren't working right and the pressures are getting too high. or too low for that matter. the compressor will be deactivated for crossing either high or low threshold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts