Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this 2014 since 2014. Geico said they are waiting to see how much the parts would cost from Maserati in Italy. They are using CCC to determine the value as well. If its not totaled, should I even keep it? I Don't think it will ever be the same.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry for your accident, I hope everyone is ok.

Unless you have an Insured Value policy (doubt it as it is more appropriate for classic older cars), speaking from experience having had the insurance company just total my BMW, I am pretty confident that is totaled. Most insurance companies consider a total loss if the damage is 60% or more of the market value. I don't know the particulars on your car in terms of mileage, but 2014's are going for maybe $25,000. You have over $15,000 worth of damage there. Start finding comps to negotiate when they low ball you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you have an Insured Value policy (doubt it as it is more appropriate for classic older cars), speaking from experience having had the insurance company just total my BMW, I am pretty confident that is totaled. Most insurance companies consider a total loss if the damage is 60% or more of the market value. I don't know the particulars on your car in terms of mileage, but 2014's are going for maybe $25,000. You have over $15,000 worth of damage there. Start finding comps to negotiate when they low ball you.
Hey. Thanks for the reply. It has 60K miles. Im in NY so its 75% here. I also have GAP insurance that will cover any extra. I don't even think I want this anymore because I know for a fact it will never be the same.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey. Thanks for the reply. It has 60K miles. Im in NY so its 75% here. I also have GAP insurance that will cover any extra. I don't even think I want this anymore because I know for a fact it will never be the same.
I know how you feel. I did edit my post above as I reluctantly forgot to ask if everyone was ok? I believe gap insurance is just for loan payoff shortfall from insurance. I think even at 75% you are good to have it totaled.

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
322 Posts
Probably best to let insurance total this one. It's not terrible by any means but there are so many things that can pop up down the road from an accident like this. It may be a good chance to get into a fresh one.

Hope it works out well for you

Best Regards,

·
Registered
113 Posts
Still looks like a total. You can tell them you want it totaled. Take to to a high end shop. They will write up a supplement that will put it over.

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Sorry to see, and glad no one was hurt.
For that level of damage, unless their is clean salvage with rear end collision to replace your front end, the cost to repair is over $25K so expect that to be a total. Just minor accidents to front and rear come in at $12K-16K.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still looks like a total. You can tell them you want it totaled. Take to to a high end shop. They will write up a supplement that will put it over.
Who would I tell I want it totaled? The shop will just write it up to where the hourly rates are over the ACV + the labor?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Who would I tell I want it totaled? The shop will just write it up to where the hourly rates are over the ACV + the labor?
Mention it to the shop. They know all the adjusters pretty well and they can pass it along. I’m not saying they will pad it, I’m saying if it’s on the edge and they know you don’t want it back, they can push it over. Trust me, there is some play in the 75%.

With my BMW, I thought I wanted it fixed and my high end shop knew it. When the adjuster came out to the shop for a supplement, they talked him into writing it up just shy of 60%. Then the shop have me the option of chipping in the rest so it wouldn’t be totaled. In the end, I had them total it. They gave me the money and told me I can keep the car. I’m driving it now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The shop will prefer NOT to have it written off as that's how they make money. If it's written off, they don't make dime. Unless you know the guy...

·
Registered
113 Posts
The shop will prefer NOT to have it written off as that's how they make money. If it's written off, they don't make dime. Unless you know the guy...
Depends on the shop. My shop didn’t need my money and had my best interest in mind. A high end shop will write it up with their high labor rate and markup.

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Many prefer to take to a Maserati service who does body work. The cost will be expensive as I indicated, plus they win either way ... body work or getting you into a another Maserati.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Many prefer to take to a Maserati service who does body work. The cost will be expensive as I indicated, plus they win either way ... body work or getting you into a another Maserati.
Exactly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts