Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced a Maserati GHIBLI and WON! | Forums | Tesla Motors

Few things I found funny are.

1. December 2013. Weren't there already tons of Tesla out there, especially in California? I am surprised that those multi-million, platinum record artists would be that curious about the car,

2. Did it race a Base model or the SQ4? I know that Tesla is a quick car from 0-60, but to totally smoke a SQ4, I found that hard to believe. Another thing is it depends on the driver. A year ago, I stopped at a red light with my 2013 Porsche 991 S. Next to me is a young kid driving a older Pontiac G6 with ONE huge muffler pipe sticking out. He reved the engine to try to signal for a race. I decided to entertain him a little and floor the gas pedal when the light turned green. But a little after 2 seconds, I let go the gas because the street is so uneven and full of potholes and I did not want to risk damaging the wheels. So he thought he won the race and gave me a stupid look at the next stop light. He probably went home and posted a thread bragging that his base model G6 (since it only has a single muffler tip) beat a Porsche 911.

3. Not that I condone street racing, but it is funny that many responses are condemning him for doing this. I like Tesla, but I think it attracts people who are more about being green and safe.
4. One of the comment says "GHIBLI is a slow non performance car. I would hope you'd win easily.". I think he must be a Ghibli hater.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tesla model S Sport Performance version does 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. It is super quick from a dead stop since there is no gear change and the instant response inherent in an electric engine...but it quickly diminishes in acceleration and top speed after that. Nowhere near a Ghibli. I test drove a Tesla and seriously almost bought it (actually made the down payment (refundable)) - that is until I test drove the Ghibli. End of story. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Tesla 0-60 is quick. I once stop behind one in my 911S. That thing just took off at green. I was totally surprised. Actually had to step on it to catch up.
That's when I googled Tesla S top model and found out 4.3 sec for Tesla. 911S w/ PDK is 4.1 sec.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Maserati has been told by the parent company not to make cars faster than their sister company Ferrari. We'll never see crazy low 0-60 times from Maserati.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Maserati has been told by the parent company not to make cars faster than their sister company Ferrari. We'll never see crazy low 0-60 times from Maserati.
really? Fiat told Maserati not to make a $80K 6 cylinder 4 door sedan faster than a $250k plus twin turbo V8 or V12 2 door sports car?
Seems like that could have gone unsaid....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Really? Even top of the line Grand Tourismo MC is slower than any Ferrari?

Wow, I just went to Maserati site and found out that GT MC 0-60 is 4.7 seconds. S Q4 actually has higher torque. I wonder if S Q4 can beat it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There will be plenty if ecu upgrades to take the ghibli to next level. I think 4.2 s 0-60 is realstic with the ghibli, with 80hp upgrade and drive by wire module

1 - 10 of 10 Posts