Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a tune or exhaust that can add some crackles and pops into the exhaust note?

Any videos would also be much appreciated!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Oh man, no...
It's a Maserati not a Honda Civic. You have all the exhaust sound you'll ever need to show off right from the factory. You don't need to that fakeness to prove yourself. If anything people in the know will laugh when they'll hear fake cracks and pops coming from a Maserati.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Eurodynamic Tuning can add some overrun/burble to their tune. I had mine done with a mild-med amount and I like it so far. It's classy and not cheesy imho. I also have Larini sport cats which deepen the exhaust note and let more of the natural rumble out. The burble has been easy to control when it kicks in (anything north of 4k rpm and let the throttle body close suddenly), so you can drive around normally, even spiritedly without any audible difference. But when you accelerate to pass someone on the freeway and then let off the gas to coast off your excess speed, you'll get a nice grin on your face. And maybe a shitty look from your wife...

Check out their R8 burble video, although that's a much more aggressive version of burble then what I had done. No flames here.
Eurodynamic Tuning

·
Registered
287 Posts
Eurodynamic Tuning can add some overrun/burble to their tune. I had mine done with a mild-med amount and I like it so far. It's classy and not cheesy imho. I also have Larini sport cats which deepen the exhaust note and let more of the natural rumble out. The burble has been easy to control when it kicks in (anything north of 4k rpm and let the throttle body close suddenly), so you can drive around normally, even spiritedly without any audible difference. But when you accelerate to pass someone on the freeway and then let off the gas to coast off your excess speed, you'll get a nice grin on your face. And maybe a shitty look from your wife...

Check out their R8 burble video, although that's a much more aggressive version of burble then what I had done. No flames here.
Eurodynamic Tuning
When you let off the throttle does it feel like the car wants to lurch forward a bit? almost as if the extra fuel is still making the car accelerate? I had them dyno tune my car and when we test drove it it had this and i had him take the burble off. Although the backfires on the upshifts are much more pronounced now with the extra fuel.

·
Registered
164 Posts
When you let off the throttle does it feel like the car wants to lurch forward a bit? almost as if the extra fuel is still making the car accelerate? I had them dyno tune my car and when we test drove it it had this and i had him take the burble off. Although the backfires on the upshifts are much more pronounced now with the extra fuel.
I have noticed that a couple times right after I got the tune, it's was fairly subtle but I did notice it. Seemed to be invoked at high rpm (5k+ if I had to guess) and just completely letting of the gas. I've since learned how to modulate the gas peddle just right to prevent that lurch, so it usually doesn't happen. I really like the sound I can make now when accelerating at a normal pace and then just before shifting to the next gear at 4k rpm I give it a tiny bit more gas for 1/4 second and then shift right as I return the throttle to normal acceleration. The raspy bark and boom it makes is perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts