Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been following the threads here about the audio system in our Ghibli's, and I was thinking to add a small powered subwoofer box in the trunk. I have the premium sound system, but the bass is almost non existent...

I figured it would be pretty simple as the current subwoofer hangs in the trunk and the battery is located there as well...

My only question for those that have upgraded the sound system in their Ghibli: Are the speaker wires accessible from the trunk? I can see the sub hanging there, but there are no wires. I plan to just tap the current sub's wires for the signal...

Thanks in advance for any clarity...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I, too am interested in the response since I am somewhat disappointed in Ghibli's audio system.

My-Rati

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't think it could hurt. I have the base sound system and it looks like I'm going to have my work cut out for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thought I would chime in here too. Looking for info on tapping into the stock sub on premium system. I need the audio wires and remote turn on for the amp..

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone figured easy access to the wires? Would you please help. I took a couple of pictures of the subwoofer area and there is a wire accessible through a hole on the left side. Is that the signal wire? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I took the rear deck off to access the wires. The connection for the wires is on top and I could not see any other way to access them.

I also removed the stock sub to allow more of the bass to reach the front.

I used the information from the guides from mrpa.

Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Jason. Thanks for the info. Can you provide a some instructions on how to remove the read deck so I don't end up making a mess of things? Thanks man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts