Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is it's a night and day difference on throttle response. For the money it's well worth it. My wife is scared to death when I half throttle now. It's fairly easy to install and took about 30 minutes of which 10 was fiddling with trying to get the plug off the harness. It feels like I added 50 horsepower when all it did was change the throttle response. Great thing is you can turn it to less aggressive modes as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered the Madness GoPedal for my 2015 SQ4 which will be my first performance mod. Hope I’m as happy and impressed as you were. Do you have aftermarket air filters in your car by chance??? Any other advice on install I’d appreciate it. Thx

·
Registered
404 Posts
GoPedal or GoPedal Plus?

·
Registered
62 Posts
But you can get the same effect by pushing harder on the accelerator. And you lose throttle linearity. Basically, a 20% throttle position will give you 50% of the engines power. Not much more to it than that.

·
Registered
404 Posts
But you can get the same effect by pushing harder on the accelerator. And you lose throttle linearity. Basically, a 20% throttle position will give you 50% of the engines power. Not much more to it than that.
That's what I was thinking too. I can't find the new Plus model listed anywhere except for a video, so I am not sure on pricing. If I were to entertain this I would not want anything velcro'd on my dash, would want it all hidden and control with my phone, like the Plus model here:

All this said, this just appears to allow you to gain more RPM's with a shorter stroke on the gas pedal. Not sure I need to spend $300 bucks for that which could be annoying.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So are you guys saying it’s not worth it?? It has great reviews and a 30 day money back guarantee. People feel it’s a night and day different for the money. I was thinking about mounting it on the side of lower dash by my right leg. Thoughts???

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't want to speak out of turn because I don't have it, BUT, conceptually, it sounds like "responsive" simply means a short gas pedal stroke by increasing sensitively. So maybe a false sense of performance because you barely touch the gas and it jumps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I sure that’s possible. I guess I’ll find out soon enough. Hopefully it’s a good purchase.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah I sure that’s possible. I guess I’ll find out soon enough. Hopefully it’s a good purchase.
Definitely post back with impressions!

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's exactly that. It's electronics that operate between the accelerator and the ecu. All it does is change the linearity of the accelerator. So it feels like the car has a boatload more power because, lime I said before, 10% movement of the accelerator will give, say 30% throttle, and 50% movement will give 100% throttle.. But then, the rest of the accelerator movement doesn't give you any more juice. But, hey, it's a personal choice. Some people prefer their car to be much more "nervous" off the line. To me, it reduces the smoothness and doesn't improve actual performance at all. I got into an argument for this type of device on an owners list for my other car and it got heated. So I'll just end it here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So are you guys saying it’s not worth it?? It has great reviews and a 30 day money back guarantee. People feel it’s a night and day different for the money. I was thinking about mounting it on the side of lower dash by my right leg. Thoughts???
Trust me it's well worth it. The guy at madness said you don't need the plus and I agree. Is all it is pushing a couple of buttons to set to your liking. The throttle response is waaay better. I'm not associated with them at all but this was the best upgrade you can do for $249. The filters I put in were K&Ns from Amazon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's exactly that. It's electronics that operate between the accelerator and the ecu. All it does is change the linearity of the accelerator. So it feels like the car has a boatload more power because, lime I said before, 10% movement of the accelerator will give, say 30% throttle, and 50% movement will give 100% throttle.. But then, the rest of the accelerator movement doesn't give you any more juice. But, hey, it's a personal choice. Some people prefer their car to be much more "nervous" off the line. To me, it reduces the smoothness and doesn't improve actual performance at all. I got into an argument for this type of device on an owners list for my other car and it got heated. So I'll just end it here.
It does not increase horsepower at all but it improves the throttle response. You push the gas and it accelerates faster rather than having to floor your gas pedal to get the car going. To each his own but if you enjoy a spirited ghibli I highly suggest getting one.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It does not increase horsepower at all but it improves the throttle response. You push the gas and it accelerates faster rather than having to floor your gas pedal to get the car going. To each his own but if you enjoy a spirited ghibli I highly suggest getting one.
Fair enough and exactly what I thought it did.I'd rather keep the manufacturers parameters of the pedal response. It ain't that long to the floor and I don't want a nervous jumper off the line.

Reactions: alvav

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just installed gopedal on a 16 ghibli s and it works as expected. I settled for Sport '-' for a more compromised setup as wife's primary driver of this car.

Installation was easy, although an under tray must be removed to access the pedal plugs. I also tugged the cable into center console space beneath cd player and secured the controller using the included double sided tapes onto a metal post behind the knee pad along the center console so it's completely out of sight. I'll just need to remove the knee pad to adjust further if needed.

To undo the under tray, start by removing the knee pad from lower corner toward front of car, which is secured with velcro. Once thats apart, move to lower rear corner and pull. There are 2 pins/clips on the rear end of this panel. Once they came lose, wiggle the kneepad a bit to clear the upper front of this knee pad to remove it.

The under tray itself is secured with 3 hex bolts, 1 plastic clip, and 1 plastic nut.
Hex bolts: 1 above dead pedal, 1 next to obdii connector, 1 near the plastic clip near center console. The plastic nut is behind gas/brake pedal and can be easily unscrewed by finger. After that, the last clip can be pulled with the tray. Don't rip the tray out as there are wires still attached to provide lighting to the footwell. With tray loose, that should provide enough space to access the plug above gas pedal.

Look at the connectors on the gopedal and you will realize how to press a tab to undo the connector above gas pedal. Connect the gopedal in serial with factory connector and gas pedal, ensure they are clicked and locked in place.

At this point, I routed gopedal cable toward center console beneath cdplayer, and secured the gopedal controller onto the metal post and re-installed the under tray. I didn't find much instructions on the websites so I set the ignition to ACC mode, gave gas pedal full range motion a number of times, before fire up the engine. It's probably not needed.

Now for test drive, I stopped on the road side whenever i make making changes to the settings and see how behavior have changed especially during the stop/go and moving onto bigger roads and merging in traffic. I then installed the knee pad once I was happy with selection.

I never liked how factory pedal responded on this car and the more recent modern Maseratis. They gave me this uncertain feeling, like i put down some pedal and expected car to move faster, but it moved only a little, so i squeezed more, it's a little faster but not enough still, then squeeze a few bits more and now its accelerating con gusto, which would be like 5 seconds too late. This spongy feeling is much improved now.

This is not my first DBW mod so i know what to expect, and the car is now more direct and responsive to the expected behavior.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you have a tune/remap done, you can ask the tuner to do the same, and you can still get progressiveness.

That's what I do on tuning the Diesels here in Europe.
I don't modify low down , below 20% so slow traffic/town driving is not jerky, but then I increase progressively from 30% up
30 = +5%
40 =+8%
50 = +12%
60 = +16%
70 =+20%
80 =+20%
Works out pretty good, obviously you can make it more brutal in sport mode.
The tuner if any good, can do what you want, and adjust it after the 1st road test.
You need to go to a guy who develops the tunes, not someone who flashes a pre-bought tune.
You don't get that dreaded hesitation when picking up from a junction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts