Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an idea I had but funds are tight with a baby on the way. I have a 2015 sq4 but no remote start. A friend had a 14 sq4 wreck that had remote start in it. I bought the start button, keyfob, green steering column immobilizer, and Active RF reciever ecu. My theory is if I swap these parts for mine, then theoretically the fob and remote start would function. Can anyone weigh in on this. I have the parts waiting but dont want to walk in blind.

·
Registered
644 Posts
it can work if all the parts are correct, will need to be taken to the dealership for a new vehicle configuration file to be made in italy and uploaded via scan tool to the vehicle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sc00bk.
Any thing that I am missing?
This dealership has never done one but is willing to try. Parts are from a 14 as i said. They ordered the antenna for it. They said they have to take apart rear deck, which is time consuming. Any other other tips?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi, it seems a lot of work for a little gain. Depending how you value the remote start.
As you have to be in it to drive away, at least I believe!! ;)
It's like Stop/Start system, another thing to fail.

·
Registered
644 Posts
if i recall the retorfits i've done, all that is needed is the fobs, the rf hub with antenna, and the green steering column lock. as i said, dealership visit required to get a new vehicle configuration uploaded for it to take.

the only feasible set back, is if the rf hub is vin coded after install, it might not take to being installed in a different car. i've only worked with new parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI, I am following this and wondering if it worked. Will my factory fobs work?

Are these the parts I need? Am I missing anything?

Steering Lock:

Antenna:

Remote Start module:

I already have push-button start and keyless passive entry.

Thank you in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts