Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello There,

I own a Nero Ribelle Ghibli and would like to have your advice on making sure I clean it without scratching the finish.
The car can be very dusty here and it's really risky to touch the car, it's easy to scratch it if solid dust particles remain on the surface.

Last time I used the pressure water all over the car surface, and after drying ,The car was still very very dusty near skirts even after doing another pass with the pressure water cleaner... so this is not the only tool I should use.

I am pretty safe now in some areas of the car, as I applied a XPel vinyl on the front and back, and I know scratches can be cleared off with hot water...but maybe the Xpel keeps dust even after pressure water cleaning ?

do you have any advice on cleaning a black ghibli with a "no contact" solution ? or maybe any kind of cloth, specific tools I can use and make sure they won't affect the surface of the car where dust remains ?

thanks !

·
Registered
651 Posts
Cleaning a (black) car is not Maserati specific - there are literally tens of thousands of dedicated sites, Youtube videos and guides on how to wash/detail a car and cleaning products reviews on the Internet.

From what I understand, you are using only water to clean your car, but you need some kind of detergent/soap to soak all the dirt before rinsing it with water. Start by getting a foam cannon and some microfiber towels, Chemical Guys have decent products.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes thanks, I will check what they have at CG,
Checking black Cars even new at my dealer, on a bright light you can see billions of small scratches, the guy told me we can't avoid these micro marks when drying the car even with micro fibre on dark colours...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes thanks, I will check what they have at CG,
Checking black Cars even new at my dealer, on a bright light you can see billions of small scratches, the guy told me we can't avoid these micro marks when drying the car even with micro fibre on dark colours...
Their washing technique is likely more the cause of the scratches & swirls. Drying with a leaf blower helps avoid drying scratches & swirls.
The car needs to be clay bared & polished with a machine. Then wax, but the dusting oir washing technique can just make more scratches & swirls.

Ron

·
Administrator
2,186 Posts
I have a huge 2016 Black SUV which was buffed at brand new to remove swirls and marring than 4 coats of Ceramic Pro ... top coat every 2 years with a light sport material.

My Ghibli has GTechniq products inside and out ... held up well, going on 4 years.

I used a pH neutral car soap (Chemical Guys has some good ones in gallons) and use a two bucket wash method with grit guard in bottom.
I never dry with towel ... I always use a Chemical Guys Vortex power blower to dry the SUV or car ... small but powerful.

This has helped tremendously in keeping the vehicles swirl free.

Soap canon works ... have one ... more a novelty in my opinion unless all you want to remove is dust.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
My ghibli is also nero ribele .. more then 2 years and it is shinning

I use only Meguiar's products and I wash my car my self by hand at home never in any car wash center.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts