Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your experiences with AFS bi-xenon system? when turning, with rain, fog,....tanks for your comments...

·
Registered
42 Posts
What are your experiences with AFS bi-xenon system? when turning, with rain, fog,....tanks for your comments...
I’m not sure if you’ve seen page 101 of Ghibil’s owner manual, there is a good description and a graph of AFS behavior on that page:

on a related note, based on this NetCarShow article which seems has been copied from Maserati’s press marketing material the Ghiblis in USA and Canada are not equipped with the full AFS function, the article mentions:

Note: In the USA and Canada, cars are not equipped with the AFS function. They retain the automatic depth and rotation control functions. The beam rotation function and the four AFS functions may be deactivated via the menu in the European Union, while in the USA, only the beam rotation function may be deactivated in this way.

Regards,
PJ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thats unfortunate that the Advanced Front lighting system is deactivated on Federal cars in North America. That would be pretty use for when going on mountain roads or when driving around the coast there are patches of marine layers pass thru.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both... sorry to hear that about US market...
Maybe European drivers can explain their feelings...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Either way, I'm really impressed with the limited AFS that we do have. I haven't driven in the rain, yet, but I was able to experience the auto high-beam and rotation feature while driving the other night. I can't believe how easy it is to see deer on the side of the road because of the width of the beam. The auto high-beam worked perfectly. It lowered as another car approached, and immediately went back to high as it passed. I forgot about the rotation feature until I went around a turn and saw it working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts