Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this has happened both times I go to a certain bar where alarm will go off I turn it off and 15 minutes later itll go off again. It will do it continuously until I leave. Last time cops were called but I was just figuring out it must be this bar. What you guys think?

·
Registered
613 Posts
i believe something like pressing lock on the fob 3 times disables the internal shock/sonar sensors. could be ambient noise setting off the shock.

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
291 Posts
My guess is you left your window or sunroof open. It's too sensitive to leave those open. Known issue.

Reactions: Lee

·
Super Moderator
2,145 Posts
So this has happened both times I go to a certain bar where alarm will go off I turn it off and 15 minutes later itll go off again. It will do it continuously until I leave. Last time cops were called but I was just figuring out it must be this bar. What you guys think?
Either this certain bar has lots of vibration, (like parking garage or deep bass next to where you park), wind through open window or sunroof or someone leaning against car it will set off the interior pressure sensor. You can disable the sensor with 3 consecutive presses of the keyfob lock button until you hear a beep. That should solve it.
Some cars are more sensitive than others .... odd it is only this one bar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it was just this one bar. It was 2 seperate occasions about 4 months apart. I know the 2nd time my windows were up because my alarm was going off about every 15 minutes and Id go turn it off. It went off 5 seperate times. Its a divebar not very big so Im thinking something along the lines of some type of signal interference?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maseratis have state-of-the-art technology where the car alarm goes off if the car notices you are drinking at a bar.

...Haha sorry had to. 😆

P.S. I had this happen a few times, for me it was always when I accidently left the moonroof open and wind got in.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ya it was just this one bar. It was 2 seperate occasions about 4 months apart. I know the 2nd time my windows were up because my alarm was going off about every 15 minutes and Id go turn it off. It went off 5 seperate times. Its a divebar not very big so Im thinking something along the lines of some type of signal interference?
Find a better bar. You are in a bad neighborhood. Maserati alarm system has ghetto detection.

Reactions: AlphaWIP

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
i believe something like pressing lock on the fob 3 times disables the internal shock/sonar sensors. could be ambient noise setting off the shock.
I have a grandsport SQ4 2019 and I was very upset because of the alarm coming ON as soon as I was leaving the sunroof a bit open and locking the car, was even embarrassing, so THANK YOU very much for your advise, if I have the sunroof a bit open I just press 3 times the lock knob and I hear a Blip noise from the alarm and that is it. A strange thing, I tried in my friend 2016 MY 2017 Ghibli Q4 and I never heard a Blip or anything else, and he has an alarm in the car for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts