Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a problem finding all-season tires for 20" wheels. My choice were Continentals DWS but they don't make the recommended 285/35 size. The 245/40 is available.
Any other suggestions for all-season tires in these sizes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out Tirerack.com
Here is the link to 285/35 tires available on this site ( 2 options available)
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...rformance=ALL&width=285/&ratio=35&diameter=20
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (W- or Y-Speed Rated) Ultra High Performance All-Season
Dunlop SP Sport 7010 A/S DSST Ultra High Performance All-Season
Hope this helps
Thank you for your response, Dane. The problem is that these 2 particular tires don't come in the smaller 245/40 size - as there are a few options that come in 245/40, but then they are not available in 285/35 - it is just difficult to match a staggered set.

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
I also have the Pirelli Sotto 3 tires on 20" rims. They are not as aggressive as the carving edge ... seem to be more all season like even though called a snow tire. Only difference is I added them to a second set of 20" rims so I can change out summer and winter more easily.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok---next question is going with Pirelli P Zero Nero All-Season 245/40--20 (front) and 275/35--20 (rear). The rear is slightly narrower than the stock set-up with the summer tires. Otherwise, if I go full winter--Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 have the 245/40--20 and 285/35--20 set up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After a rather extensive research I was not able to find an all-season set for 20" wheels matching factory specs/recommendations. I am upgrading from 18". That's why I will go with 19" wheels. Unfortunately there are many more wheel choices in 20", but no matching all-season tires...

·
Registered
14 Posts
285/35ZR-20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (W- or Y-Speed Rated)

245/40ZR-20 General G-MAX AS-03 XL
UNFORTUNATELY I HAD TO MIX TIRES TO GET ALL-SEASON TO FIT ON THE URANOS
IS THIS STUPID(????)

·
Registered
14 Posts
After a rather extensive research I was not able to find an all-season set for 20" wheels matching factory specs/recommendations. I am upgrading from 18". That's why I will go with 19" wheels. Unfortunately there are many more wheel choices in 20", but no matching all-season tires...
[email protected] 285/35ZR-20 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (W- or Y-Speed Rated)
[email protected] 245/40ZR-20 General G-MAX AS-03 XL

UNFORTUNATELY I HAD TO MIX TIRES TO GET ALL-SEASON TO FIT ON THE URANOS
IS THIS STUPID(????)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To summarize my experience - after 2 month extensive search and reviewing multiple options I decided to get a set of Poseidone Elegance OEM 19" wheels and Continental DWS all-season tires - mounted yesterday, photos to follow.

It was a long journey and I found out that options for 19" aftermarket wheels are surprisingly limited and many manufacturers are afraid of the front calipers and their clearance - Niche, Vossen, Ace Alloy Wheels and so on. That's the price you pay for a new model (and not living in California ;) where most of them are located). Manufacturers have not had a chance to fit the wheels on a Ghibli in a real life. This finding was preceded by a discovery that there was no matching all-season set for 20" wheels (only summer-winter). If you are looking for 20" wheels and don't worry about changing tires during winter - then sky is the limit. If I decide to go for a 20" with summer tires one day I have at least a few favorites in mind (Ace Alloy Wheels being one of them).

I decided to go for OEM since I wanted to be certain the set fits well and is well made at the same time. I like the Poseidone Elegance design (really elegant, but not too sporty IMO - not perfect) and the car looks much better than on Alfieri 18" wheels. Plus the wheels are staggered now and the rear set looks impressive - a lot of rubber! >:D

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a 07 qp I just picked up a set of falken ziex 950 all seasons that are snow rates. went 255 35 20 in the front and 275 35 20 rear. you can get the set on amazon for around $600. I like the larger sidewall for winter, may help with the potholes. mounted them up and the work great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts