Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealership looking over prices and lease options. The guy was busy so he handed me a sheet of the cars they had. this also included the price which was thousands of dollars cheaper then online. Lets say online its $88,120 the sheet had the listing price of 82,XXX. I don't believe this was the invoice but lets say you sit down and talk them down to what ever price. They are going to tell you you're getting some amazing deal of 13k off! in reality not really.

Heres where it gets interesting i saw a sheet he kept referring to when he wanted to check rates and prices. Ally Auto has a list of the exact rates and true discounts they can give. I only got a quick peak at it when he compared the discounts of the 2014 discounts and the 2015 discounts. it was also interesting when i saw the rate was 0.6 i thought that was a money factor rate, but that was the lease rate 0.6%. i've heard of dealers saying oh you're getting 1.9% or 1.3% which is not bad. this is where the dealer makes their money! Just something to watch out for. of course that 0.6% is for well qualified individuals put it pays to check with your own bank first! If anyone has or can find this packet from ally auto with the rates and deals please share it. anyone armed with this information could save some serious serious money. it was a 1/4inch dealer packet from Ally Auto the leasing company. it has everything in it. if i find it ill make a post.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good Lord...
Just find a reputable dealer that will fully disclose, and stop worrying about trying to pull a fast one over on someone.

I'd rather have a customer that is willing to build a relationship and continue to come to me for service and referral business, than someone who is only interested in squeezing every last penny from a deal.

Is this even a possibility with the internet generation, or is all that you truly want a Wal-Mart experience and zero customer service?

I'll show my good customers whatever they need or want to see to feel comfortable about their experience.
Those that ask me what my "best price" is before even DRIVING a car? Let's just leave it at this...
It's Friday evening. I've been lied to more this WEEK, by my "customers", than I have lied in my entire CAREER. Some of the best deals I have ever made, are those that I haven't made.

Try and genuinely find someone you can build a relationship with and see if that doesn't net you much better results.

Just the two cents of a genuinely passionate "car guy" who prefers to make friends for life, rather than Wal-Mart transactions.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean don't get me wrong i love the the people i worked with at the dealer. I've just had a few bad experiences with Audi and lexus.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'd rather have a customer that is willing to build a relationship and continue to come to me for service and referral business, than someone who is only interested in squeezing every last penny from a deal.
Good point, but it works both ways:
I'd rather have a Dealer that is willing to build a relationship so I continue to come to him for service and bring him referral business, than someone who is only interested in squeezing every last penny from a deal.
(I am sorry for a little adaptation of your post)

I agree that it is all about trust and I am big fan of a full disclosure - here is my price, take it or leave it. It could be higher than others, but the advantage of buying from me is... etc.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Please stop deal threads! As an early buyer, not leased, it is very frustrating to hear all the great deals the later people are getting. And we pioneered all the fixes! I went to college in late '60's and I ask all the legal pot smokers to thank us for pioneering , respect for their elders!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Please stop deal threads! As an early buyer, not leased, it is very frustrating to hear all the great deals the later people are getting. And we pioneered all the fixes! I went to college in late '60's and I ask all the legal pot smokers to thank us for pioneering , respect for their elders!
Please keep is going great to see and good for all of you!! I to am an early adopter and paid 2.7% lease and got less than 5% off MSRP. All i can say is not on my next one!!! Sometimes in life you just have to deal with it............even my ludicrous payment!! Just do like me and drink the Kool Aid - my car sounds waaay better than those late year built models who got great deals - that is true right!!!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Please keep is going great to see and good for all of you!! I to am an early adopter and paid 2.7% lease and got less than 5% off MSRP. All i can say is not on my next one!!! Sometimes in life you just have to deal with it............even my ludicrous payment!! Just do like me and drink the Kool Aid - my car sounds waaay better than those late year built models who got great deals - that is true right!!!!! LOL!!
5% off MSRP on an very early all new launch car is an excellent deal. There is a premium to be the first one to drive the car in your community. All the attention and kudos don't come cheap. But a valuable trade off in my opinion.

"Not on my next one!!!!!" - not so soon my friend. If Lambo does something like this I am sure you won't be able to stop yourself. Cheers mate. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts