Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all

I have the aluminum pedal set (brake and accelerator pedals) but no aluminum footrest.

Don't even know if alu footrest exists as a genuine maserati part. I'll ask the Mas dealer on Monday but just wanted to know if you guys have it and if you could post a picture to see what it looks like?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
See my attachment. I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... This is what I need, want and miss...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, here is the situation ... I bought this demo SQ4 with promises from the seller he would provide the pedal alu kit (among others things).
We I took possession he had forgotten to install the pedal alu kit, he did instal the 2 alu pedals when asked about it but not the alu footrest.
I asked him today and he said he promised to install the alu pedal but that the footrest is on top of it (230eur). I showed him the maserati Internet site which stated that the alu kit consists of the pedals and the footrest, he answered that it is only the case if I buy a brand new SQ4 ...

I did not know there were 2 different kits, one for new Ghiblis and one for demo ghiblis ...

This looks like a strange answer to me ...

·
Registered
278 Posts
So, here is the situation ... I bought this demo SQ4 with promises from the seller he would provide the pedal alu kit (among others things).
We I took possession he had forgotten to install the pedal alu kit, he did instal the 2 alu pedals when asked about it but not the alu footrest.
I asked him today and he said he promised to install the alu pedal but that the footrest is on top of it (230eur). I showed him the maserati Internet site which stated that the alu kit consists of the pedals and the footrest, he answered that it is only the case if I buy a brand new SQ4 ...

I did not know there were 2 different kits, one for new Ghiblis and one for demo ghiblis ...

This looks like a strange answer to me ...
Indeed, this is a rip-off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I have an SQ4 and it came with aluminum pedals, including the dead pedal.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes we can

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here in Europe the pedals and footrest is around 280eur says my dealer

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
850 only for the pedals and footrest?
Could be due to RHD?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Pics of Aftermarket and OEM Adds

Anyone who has added aluminum pedals -- either after market or Maserati. Please post pics and describe process. Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So far I had the2 pedals fitted by Maserati, will take pictures once they fit the footrest.
It took them around 15 min to fit the pedals

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
357 Posts
Wow, in the UK I was quoted £850 (Pounds) fitted !
Are you serious? That's insane for 3 pieces of aluminum granted they look great.
@PeB posted that it took 15 mins to install. I am so fortunate that the Ghibli is as affordable as it is here in the US. I can't believe I paid way more for 2004 BMW 645 and 2009 Porsche Panamera and both were very early launch buys and needless to say had huge problems with both. 3 weeks and 479 miles into my Ghibli and very happy so far-loving every mile in it. Still can't get over the exhaust note in sports mode.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's indeed a great car with a fantastic engine melody.
IMO it should be fitted with alu pedals from stock and this shouldn't be an option ...

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
anyone who wants to see the pics installed can just go to my original link from last summer. I was the first person to have the pedals installed on the ghibli and did most of the measuring and design work myself, which was then given to my friend Rob over at Ultimate for the MFG process.

here is the link enjoy:

http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/6762-aluminum-racing-pedals.html

total cost will be about $200 give or take depending on the finish and whether or not you go with embossed or engraved. total time to install is approx. 15-30 min depending on your skill level.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts