Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a good amount of time spent to get these perfect, the aluminum pedals are finally done and I installed them on the car last week. The pedals were custom built to fit the Ghibli.

The ghibli proved to be difficult since the mounting area for the brake pedal is somewhat unique. If you remove the rubber cover the actual metal pedal is recessed in the center, and the mounting area around the perimeter is very small. In order to keep the embossed logo it required a little trial and error to get the holes to line up perfectly.

See attached pics

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Real nice. I have the rubber pedals on mine, but am considering buying the official Maserati sports pedals. I just don't know if they can be retrofitted easily or not.

Was any drilling involved?

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I'm aware there are no maserati branded pedals for the ghibli.

The old quattroporte pedals will not work due to the hole alignment and the pedal recessing.

Besides why spend $800 for 2 pedals..

I paid $200 for 3 pedals

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes of course you have to drill holes. There is no other way to install them since they go over the factory pedal. The brake pedal you remove the rubber and attach with 4 screws.

Took me 15 minutes to install 3 pedals.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I guess this is new format on the site. I am having trouble seeing attached pictures even though I am log on with my id. Help anyone?

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No man the rubber MUST come off. It's very simple and the install takes 15 minutes.

Anyone interested in a set of pedals they will run around $200 depending on what's specs you get, ie anti slip, smooth, shiny, frosted, holes, etc...

I went with anti slip on the foot rest and brake pedal, then smooth on the gas since ur foot is suppose to glide over the gas.

They are 100% OEM in size and plug and play. Only tools require are a drill, box wrench and screwdriver.

The setup you see is $200.. If you want anti slip on the gas pedal too it's about $225 shipped.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess this is new format on the site. I am having trouble seeing attached pictures even though I am log on with my id. Help anyone?
For some reasons it seems 50% of time the images don't pop up like they should. They are there but the appear as tiny little dots at the bottom of post. Look at bottom you will see 3 tiny dots, click on them, or refresh ur browser a few times and they will appear. It's a pain I agree.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the info Ghiblimusic, I bought my Maser from HROwen so know the guys there well.

Mrpa1999, the pedals do look good. The rubber shoes on the pedals look pretty simple to prise off - I've been too lazy to do this! Didn't realise that the metal pedal behind is a blank face without any mounting holes as you have pointed out.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I like the gas and brake pedal, but the foot rest looks little small for that area.
Question. Is the gas and brake pedal a set?

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the gas and brake pedal, but the foot rest looks little small for that area.
Question. Is the gas and brake pedal a set?
The footrest is 100% OEM in size and shape in relation to the ghibli paper foot rest installed on the factory set up.

You can buy 1 pedal or 3 pedals, don't matter. You can get any finish you like, ie shiny or frosted, anti slip or smooth, holes or solid.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone who wants pedals give Rob at ultimate pedals a call, he is awesome and super helpful.

Custom Aluminum Vehicle Pedals - ULTIMATE PEDALS

You won't find the pedals on his site yet bc we just finalized the designed for the ghibli last week.

Tell rob you want the ghibli pedals - "per tom from Pennsylvania"

Rob and myself designed the pedal very precisely so that it mounts up perfectly. The ghibli is tricky bc the actual metal ped is recessed and the mounting space is very limited. If done properly the pedal will install perfectly though! It's very easy.

The footrest is installed directly overtop of the paper factory pedal.

The gas pedal is installed directly overtop of plastic factory pedal, nothing is removed, just screw on.

The brake is the only one that the rubber is removed and you need to drill out 4 mount holes. You must use the 4 corner holes next to the logo for this to work properly no other holes will work on the brake. See pictures for details.

15 minutes tops to do the whole setup.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Aluminium Pedals - UK Purchase

Hi Guys,

Just to say (and BIG thanks to mrpa1999 and Rob from Ultimate Pedals) I have now placed my order for my pedal set and am looking forward very much to receiving them.
If anyone from the UK (or any other RHD country) needs the templates for our version of the car, please PM me with your email address and I will send you copies.
The Gas and Brake pedals are identical but for some reason, the footrest on the US model Ghibli is 3 inches longer (same width though) than its RHD cousin.
Will post pictures when I have them, just had a call from Maserati and my Ghibli S is due in to the UK next week (5 weeks early ! :)
And to say again what great service Rob has given, top guy and always happy to speak, help and offer suggestions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts