Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just curious if anyone has installed the android navigation unit in their 2014-2016 ghibli? Androidnavigation.net
I have so many questions if you do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have it. Very buggy system because it is old version (6.1) android software. Got it from the website you mentioned. Very good customer service. I have carplay dongle installed via usb, so its pretty good. However, key features such as AC, heat, radio, bluetooth system etc. are very annoying to use because everything is touchscreen. I will probably go back to old unit because its not what I expected. Maybe you will have different experience with it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
IMHO it does not look good. I'm not for touch screen controls like A/C etc...
I find the MTC+ Design/setup pretty good.
But the quality of the touch screen is garbage on the 2017+, for this standing, I had mine replaced after 6 months, the non reflective surface all scratched. I now have a protective screen, like a telephone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They now have a pre-order upgraded tesla style version/screen which eliminates lower physcial toggles, full screen but less those toggles, same size. Looking at the youtube channel seems pretty decent. I have a '16 and feel anything would be better than the current jeep/300 infotainment screen/system. Not having to hit "accept" every time might be worth it :cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
IMHO it does not look good. I'm not for touch screen controls like A/C etc...
I find the MTC+ Design/setup pretty good.
But the quality of the touch screen is garbage on the 2017+, for this standing, I had mine replaced after 6 months, the non reflective surface all scratched. I now have a protective screen, like a telephone.
FYI, the dealer replacement screens have been updated and corrected and are not susceptible to scratching, etc. You may have gotten one and can remove the ugly screen protector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts