Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been lurking a little bit, and now my wife and I have decided to go with the Ghibli base model. We were looking at the BMW 5 and Audi A6 before, but she wants something different. We live in Pasadena, CA, about 10 minutes away from Rusnak, but we're willing to drive within SoCal to get a deal.

First off, we want to lease, 3 years, 10K miles/yr. I don't really care about 2014 vs 2015 year as long as it's a good deal. We like gray/silver exterior, flexible on interior. None of the options on the Maserati website really excite me, except the Basic package. On Truecar.com, the MSRP for 2014 is listed at $71,900 with a Truecar estimated price of $64,400.

I tried calculating an estimated lease payment for a car priced where I think it should be, but I really have no idea what the residual value will be, as the Ghibli is a new model. I inquired online with Anaheim Hills and received an email reply for a 2014 silver/black model with "base options" Nav, back up camera, Bluetooth, voice command. Phil is asking for $3795 drive off and $639 + tax per month for 36 months. I don't really want to put any down; $3795 over 36 months is an additional $105/month, so REAL monthly payment is over $800. Does this seem like a good deal? Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi guys, I've been lurking a little bit, and now my wife and I have decided to go with the Ghibli base model. We were looking at the BMW 5 and Audi A6 before, but she wants something different. We live in Pasadena, CA, about 10 minutes away from Rusnak, but we're willing to drive within SoCal to get a deal.

First off, we want to lease, 3 years, 10K miles/yr. I don't really care about 2014 vs 2015 year as long as it's a good deal. We like gray/silver exterior, flexible on interior. None of the options on the Maserati website really excite me, except the Basic package. On Truecar.com, the MSRP for 2014 is listed at $71,900 with a Truecar estimated price of $64,400.

I tried calculating an estimated lease payment for a car priced where I think it should be, but I really have no idea what the residual value will be, as the Ghibli is a new model. I inquired online with Anaheim Hills and received an email reply for a 2014 silver/black model with "base options" Nav, back up camera, Bluetooth, voice command. Phil is asking for $3795 drive off and $639 + tax per month for 36 months. I don't really want to put any down; $3795 over 36 months is an additional $105/month, so REAL monthly payment is over $800. Does this seem like a good deal? Thanks
Hai mate, I think you will enjoy the Ghibli a lot. That's a pretty good deal. A few have managed slightly better deals so no harm looking around. You are being smart in looking at total cost per month so you can have an apples to apples comparison between different quotes. I have seen residuals between 49 to 51%. Good luck. Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got a reply from another local dealer offering 0 down and $699 + tax/fees for any 2014 Ghibli MSRP <$87,990K. To me, this is clearly a better deal. I looked at the dealer inventory and there are some nice ones!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I just got a reply from another local dealer offering 0 down and $699 + tax/fees for any 2014 Ghibli MSRP <$87,990K. To me, this is clearly a better deal. I looked at the dealer inventory and there are some nice ones!
Wow! Sounds too good to be true. +fees may be the catch here. If fees are pretty much the standard fees you should grab it as soon as you can. I have not seen any thing close to that. Good luck mate.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Go shop and find best deal today and live with it or spend your whole time not buying for fear of a better deal. What makes you believe everyone tells the truth about their deals. Every day is different!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try Kevin at Maserati of Anaheim Hills. He gave me what I asked while other dealers practically laughed at what I was asking for.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd get the SQ4 model in whatever you do. The added features and engine make it worth it. When you look at the numbers, you're likely not too much more a month. Maybe $50-$70... Worth it IMO.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I agree with @duke5021. I too initially thought "oh a base Ghibli will be fine" but now I am super please that I sprung for the SQ4. You can find one with not too many options and I think it is well worth the extra money. Either way, you will not be disappointed.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
there is noway a dealer can offer you $699 w/ ZERO down on an $88k car. there is def a bait and switch if that's what you were told. to get that kind of monthly payment with that MSRP you are easily looking at $15k down. **** even a $40k bmw or Mercedes C class will run you $500 per month.

you said you wanted a base model, $88k isn't a base model, that's fully loaded almost. a true base model will have an MSRP of about $70-$72k and you should be able to get the selling price down to about $65k, then work your lease off of that #. with Zero down you are looking at $1000 per month. to get your payment to $699 you will need to put down $10k, which is pretty darn close to the Maserati lease promotions that are currently avail thru MNA right now on the 2014 models.

figure it this way - any lease deal they are going to want you to pay for 50% of the car over the course of 3 yrs. so all you have to do is cut the price in half and divide by 36, that's your approx. payment. to get a low monthly you need to put a huge down payment which is stupid IMO. you are better off just sticking with the high monthly payment and holding on to your cash flow longer.

then you have taxes, tags, etc.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
also keep in mind, you can buy the car anywhere in the USA, don't just limit yourself to SOCAL dealers. I can tell you right now, the best deals I found while shopping for my car were on the east coast. they were thousands lower then the rest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there is noway a dealer can offer you $699 w/ ZERO down on an $88k car. there is def a bait and switch if that's what you were told. to get that kind of monthly payment with that MSRP you are easily looking at $15k down. **** even a $40k bmw or Mercedes C class will run you $500 per month.

you said you wanted a base model, $88k isn't a base model, that's fully loaded almost. a true base model will have an MSRP of about $70-$72k and you should be able to get the selling price down to about $65k, then work your lease off of that #. with Zero down you are looking at $1000 per month. to get your payment to $699 you will need to put down $10k, which is pretty darn close to the Maserati lease promotions that are currently avail thru MNA right now on the 2014 models.

figure it this way - any lease deal they are going to want you to pay for 50% of the car over the course of 3 yrs. so all you have to do is cut the price in half and divide by 36, that's your approx. payment. to get a low monthly you need to put a huge down payment which is stupid IMO. you are better off just sticking with the high monthly payment and holding on to your cash flow longer.

then you have taxes, tags, etc.

I hear you. I think a lot of dealers are desperately trying to unload inventory at this point and so are making deals better than they normally do. I agree the $88K thing sounds too good to be true, but I have it in print (email). I'll try to head to the dealer soon to see what's what.

I'm actually not looking for a $88K model, but if the deal is real, I'll gladly take one with lots of options vs a bare bones one.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Why not just get the 88K car for $699 if you can. Be careful of the hidden fees but if you have everything in writing then I would jump on it and get it before it's gone.
Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts