Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I took the plunge 5 weeks ago with a Ghibli albeit diesel (I travel around 5-600 miles per week). It is a September 2019 car and did have 2900 miles on the clock when purchased and now has around 5200 miles. It was a HR Owen demo. I absolutely love it (although not had any costs yet) and it continually makes me smile. Although it looks fantastic Sabbia trim is probably not the best for keeping clean but i'll live with it.
I have always been into Italian cars and had Alfa's, Fiat's and mainly Lancia's, I even had two Ferrari's but never a Maserati and recently have had all the German's - none of which have been particularly brilliant nor lived up to their hype and also had a couple of Volvo's which have been good.
As I said the Ghibli will be my daily driver as there are no other large modern Italian executives to replace the likes of the 164/166 or Thema/Thesis so it was pretty natural that the Maser would be my next car as opposed to an A6/A7, 5/6 Series E-Class/CLS, XF or S90.

The car is running Dunlop SP Sportmax tyres which appear to be half worn already, does anyone have an opinion on what they should be replaced with for longer life as 10,000 miles will be up this side of Christmas? Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks for the invite into the forum, below is a photo of my car.
Ghibli 7- Collection 20.06.20.jpg
Ghibli 17- Drive 12.07.20.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your New Ghibli. Car looks nice and will be a good spirited daily driver!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum!

As for tires, last year I switched to Firestone's Firehawk Indy 500 tires and so far the tread life has been significantly better than the OE Pirelli tires I had been using prior. Quieter on the road and the grip seems almost as good. Not bad for 1/3 less cost.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome and congrats, I am not should about wear durability, but you can't get a better ride than on Michelins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your kind comments & advice, as regards tyres I was thinking of Michelin or Conti's next as longevity is always longer than Pirelli's. I thought the Dunlop's as fitted OEM on my car would have lasted longer than they appear to be doing (even tread wear though across the full profile) but will consider the Firestone's too.
My 5-series Touring went through tyres rapidly costing me on average £100/month through it's 100k miles although my Volvo V90 was much more conservative with 25k miles out of the rears & 35k miles out of the fronts. I was hoping the Maser may split the two but it's early day's yet so we will see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts