Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys keep your trunk closed or at least shut somewhat when using a trickle battery charger? I have put my charger on the battery and the cords run out the back. I do not want to latch the trunk, but as you know the trunk lid will not stay down unless latched.

I am currently using a short bungee to keep the lid down close. I'd like to be able to trickle charge and have my cover on the car.

Any ideas?

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about through the rear windows with the backseat down?
Ya, I thought about laying the seats down and doing it, but it just seems easier if I could keep the trunk down. I will probably end up going through the seats and hanging the cord out a window kept partially down to plug it in...

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
I have the CTEK / Maserati battery tender has a long enough thin cord that it comes out the trunk. I can safely close the trunk and connect to a nearby extension cord / outlet. Others do the same. The foam gasket compresses around charger wire and out of an abundance of caution I put a microfiber towel under the cable where it rests on the bumper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah.. Maserati pushes selling these things. Other models needed these due to the electronics in the cars. This ghibli is a different beast all together. Not really needed unless the car is going to sit for months ... I would guess.

I have a GT and have let the car sit for weeks.. and not a problem. And that is the one that is really supposed to need it.

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
I thought it wasn't worth the risk and/or hassle of a no start with all the electronics, so had the tender installed and an easy plugin set-up in my garage.
The manual indicates a conservative greater than 1 week of sitting or less than 10 miles per trip rides for a battery tender recommendation ... but know that is a little overkill.

Reactions: Mangirek
1 - 7 of 7 Posts