Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I talked to Reeves and want to pull the trigger on a car but for whatever reason they won't call me back. All of the SoCal dealers I've corresponded with want nothing to do with 15-20+% off. I am head over heels over this car but don't want to get ripped off and think it's not unreasonable to ask for a substantial discount for leftover 2014 cars.

Pricing aside it simply amazes me the lack of follow through by some of the sales staff at some of these dealerships. Nobody that I've come across wants to email prices or send me anything other than basic information. They would rather me come into the dealership so they can negotiate with me in person. (for obvious reasons)

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I talked to Reeves and want to pull the trigger on a car but for whatever reason they won't call me back. All of the SoCal dealers I've corresponded with want nothing to do with 15-20+% off. I am head over heels over this car but don't want to get ripped off and think it's not unreasonable to ask for a substantial discount for leftover 2014 cars.

Pricing aside it simply amazes me the lack of follow through by some of the sales staff at some of these dealerships. Nobody that I've come across wants to email prices or send me anything other than basic information. They would rather me come into the dealership so they can negotiate with me in person. (for obvious reasons)

Two friends and I just got cars and Westlake seemed to beat Auto Nation dealers like Beverly Hills. Expect $15,000 off sticker. Westlake is overloaded with Black/Black standard SQ4's which can be leased for a big discount over the Maserati factory website.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two friends and I just got cars and Westlake seemed to beat Auto Nation dealers like Beverly Hills. Expect $15,000 off sticker. Westlake is overloaded with Black/Black standard SQ4's which can be leased for a big discount over the Maserati factory website.
Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts

You should be able to get at least 15% off the sticker through any dealer in the country. Where are you located? Are you looking to purchase or lease?
Base or SQ4? Let me know and I will see what my dealer can do for you.
All the best.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should be able to get at least 15% off the sticker through any dealer in the country. Where are you located? Are you looking to purchase or lease?
Base or SQ4? Let me know and I will see what my dealer can do for you.
All the best.
Thank you, appreciate it. I'm in the Los Angeles area. I was looking for a base Ghibli with options but cmuhlstein's post this am made me think a base SQ4 could do the job as well as it has many features standard like nav that cost more on the base Ghibli.

I'm looking to lease. 3 year, 10k miles. The I would like the purchase price of the car to be around 63K or below if possible.

Reeve's did finally call back this am and they are checking to see if the car I was looking at is still available.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely give Maserati of Anaheim Hills a shot..drove over an hour to get my car from them and Westlake is only 20 min from me
WOW, hopefully traffic wasn't too bad on your drive home in the car form the dealer. That said, I could think of worse vehicles to fight traffic with.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I guess Maserati of Anaheim do have a great lease for base or SQ4. You should definitely give them a call. They are also advertising 0 down plus they have many cars in stock.
I think they can give you just as good or better deal compare to Reeves plus you will save on shipping.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Definitely give Maserati of Anaheim Hills a shot..drove over an hour to get my car from them and Westlake is only 20 min from me
Speak to Kevin at Maserati of Anaheim Hills. Do your research, get your best price from a dealer and Kevin will beat it. Guaranteed!!!!

Super nice guys and they won't keep you there for hours trying to upsell you on all kinds of other nonsense.

Tell him Michael Miller sent you

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sizquik's observations are true. I also contacted multiple (really, I mean multiple :) ) dealers and was not affraid of a possibility of shipping the car accross the country if the deal was right. I am not a very aggressive negotiatior and easy going person so I was not "pushing" them over the phone, just asking for their offer (many dealers don't even advertise "specials"). To my surprise, many dealers did not even bother to call me back sitting at the same time on a huge 2014 inventory. Some were pretty arrogant. Very dissapointing.
But I found a great dealer - honest and straight forward answers, no negotiations, no tricks - that is what I expect from a luxury dealership. Deal done in less than 15 min over the phone, credit check, come and pick up the car - that simple.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess Maserati of Anaheim do have a great lease for base or SQ4. You should definitely give them a call. They are also advertising 0 down plus they have many cars in stock.
I think they can give you just as good or better deal compare to Reeves plus you will save on shipping.
Thanks for they tip. I just talked to Amy and she's going to see what she can do on a base SQ4. The advertised numbers are right where I want to be

·
Registered
242 Posts

Advice:
I understand what you are looking for. I can tell you that $63,000 will not happen. Just stating facts.
While you can find substantial discounts, you will not find dealers willing to take a loss on these cars when
a.) they are not distressed merchandise. they still sell for close to invoice at Auction due to their popularity. If Maserati could spend more on advertising to get the word out, and there was more awareness that Maserati has an affordable, attainable daily driver, there would be LESS discounting as the demand would increase exponentially.
and b.) Maserati often changes any and all factory programs based on the market. You could have received a larger discount for a CASH purchase last month, but that was then, this is now. Residuals take a hit every two months or so. Sometimes the factory has to adjust their spend in order to keep the rates and residuals from changing drastically and messing with the payment too much. THAT is exactly what happened this month.

also, if you are willing to accept a basic black/black, or white/black car, then you will see nice discounts. the minute you want a custom vehicle, or a hard to replace unit (ie: white/rosso, blue/cuoio) then expect your discount to be less.

Please take into consideration that many, if not all, of the personnel you are dealing with put food on the table by selling this amazing product.
you wouldnt be excited either if you were making a hundred dollars off of a very demanding customer who feels entitled to every penny of your profit, only to make nothing.

I'm sure you don't work for free.
if you are seeking a stripped out car and a stripped out price to match, then utilize the tools here, and the people here to put together your own terms that you are willing to BUY TODAY at, and directly message the Sales Manager of your destination of choice. You will find that this approach will get you further, faster.

think of it this way,
if a dealership (reputable, and busy that is) lets you walk, in this day and age, its less likely that they are greedy (most if not all the info one needs to make an educated purchase is available at your fingertips on the internet, costs included), and more likely that you are asking too much.

things change in this industry weekly nowadays.

Understand though that you are NOT looking at a BMW or Mercedes. there is a finite amount of these cars available. and its a MUCH smaller number than you think. if you dont purchase one today, someone will tomorrow, and the dealer will move another unit, then customer will receive an excellent and exclusive product.

please excuse any punctuation errors as this was composed on my smartphone.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Advice:
I understand what you are looking for. I can tell you that $63,000 will not happen. Just stating facts.
While you can find substantial discounts, you will not find dealers willing to take a loss on these cars when
a.) they are not distressed merchandise. they still sell for close to invoice at Auction due to their popularity. If Maserati could spend more on advertising to get the word out, and there was more awareness that Maserati has an affordable, attainable daily driver, there would be LESS discounting as the demand would increase exponentially.
and b.) Maserati often changes any and all factory programs based on the market. You could have received a larger discount for a CASH purchase last month, but that was then, this is now. Residuals take a hit every two months or so. Sometimes the factory has to adjust their spend in order to keep the rates and residuals from changing drastically and messing with the payment too much. THAT is exactly what happened this month.

also, if you are willing to accept a basic black/black, or white/black car, then you will see nice discounts. the minute you want a custom vehicle, or a hard to replace unit (ie: white/rosso, blue/cuoio) then expect your discount to be less.

Please take into consideration that many, if not all, of the personnel you are dealing with put food on the table by selling this amazing product.
you wouldnt be excited either if you were making a hundred dollars off of a very demanding customer who feels entitled to every penny of your profit, only to make nothing.

I'm sure you don't work for free.
if you are seeking a stripped out car and a stripped out price to match, then utilize the tools here, and the people here to put together your own terms that you are willing to BUY TODAY at, and directly message the Sales Manager of your destination of choice. You will find that this approach will get you further, faster.

think of it this way,
if a dealership (reputable, and busy that is) lets you walk, in this day and age, its less likely that they are greedy (most if not all the info one needs to make an educated purchase is available at your fingertips on the internet, costs included), and more likely that you are asking too much.

things change in this industry weekly nowadays.

Understand though that you are NOT looking at a BMW or Mercedes. there is a finite amount of these cars available. and its a MUCH smaller number than you think. if you dont purchase one today, someone will tomorrow, and the dealer will move another unit, then customer will receive an excellent and exclusive product.

please excuse any punctuation errors as this was composed on my smartphone.
I think I just got spanked. Thank you for your insight, I do have to get out of the mega brand mindset when dealing with these cars.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Advice:

Well, you brought a good point - but if I am not mistaken Maserati master plan is to compete with these 2 fine brands. And the battlefield is not only filled by looks, specs, exclusivity - you name it, but also by financial/lease offers, quality service and in some cases right attitudes.

Maserati dealers WILL encounter a different crowd of customers then they may be used to now - people who are not afraid to ask for a better price.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, you brought a good point - but if I am not mistaken Maserati master plan is to compete with these 2 fine brands. And the battlefield is not only filled by looks, specs, exclusivity - you name it, but also by financial/lease offers, quality service and in some cases right attitudes.

Maserati dealers HAVE encountered a different crowd of customers than they may have been used to - people who are not afraid to ask for a better price.
agreed. and fixed to be more accurate

provided Marchione's plan takes shape and maserati reaches 75,000 units globally, not only will we see more of the "different" crowd you describe, but we would/will be in a better position to combat it.

currently, looks, and exclusivity are the driving force!
unfortunately, those come at a bit of a premium.

we can all go down the street to ford and buy a 35,000 car that will serve us just fine. We choose to drive Maserati due to how it makes us feel, and what it conveys. there is a price to pay to play at that level.

Maserati Dealers don't have a captive finance arm to assist, like Mercedes or BMW. Also, tax credits in states where they are still applicable are scarce at best.

ultimately, remember that IF you purchase a Maserati, you will NOT look like 75% of your neighbors or greater!

you will be driving a car from a company that has its flaws, but is very exclusive, and VERY passionate about their product!

from a PURE monetary stance...
purchasing a Maserati may come at a premium, however, all signs point to the Ghibli and new QP to hold their value much stronger than not only the older Maserati product, but stronger than ALL the current Luxury manufacturers.

Plus, we should be so lucky as to have more people buy them, as it will raise awareness, and desire for the second hand market, thereby increasing the residual even more.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think I just got spanked. Thank you for your insight, I do have to get out of the mega brand mindset when dealing with these cars.
its always difficult, almost impossible, to ascertain tone of voice from an internet post.

It's 99.9% of the reason so many get their feelings hurt on internet forums.

regardless, my tone was meant to provide my meager point of view, that is all.

if nothing else, take this away from the information I provided...
Maserati is small, much smaller than you could even imagine. but they are growing.
as a result, they are quick to move and much more nimble than any other auto manufacturer. however, they control transaction price MUCH more so than ANY other manufacturer save for maybe Ferrari, or the Ultra high end brands.
things fluctuate quite a bit.
especially at this price level.
3 points of residual can equal $3,000
$3,000 can equal $90 in a payment or more on a lease.

·
Registered
186 Posts
we can all go down the street to ford and buy a 35,000 car that will serve us just fine. We choose to drive Maserati due to how it makes us feel, and what it conveys. there is a price to pay to play at that level.
Thank you for your reply. You are preaching to the choir here a little. Most of us at this forum are true car enthusiasts. We already drive the car or are about to get it. But to achieve the very ambitious goal of becoming a direct competitor to mid-size Germans - well, the company needs to reach out farther. The support from car enthusiasts and the brand fans may be insufficient. But I also agree that it is a process and the competition is tough.
However, I can't explain calls that are not returned or some attitudes I have experienced personally.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Speak to Kevin at Maserati of Anaheim Hills. Do your research, get your best price from a dealer and Kevin will beat it. Guaranteed!!!!

Super nice guys and they won't keep you there for hours trying to upsell you on all kinds of other nonsense.

Tell him Michael Miller sent you
Thanks for the info. I'm on pins and needles here waiting for a call-back.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thank you for your reply. You are preaching to the choir here a little. Most of us at this forum are true car enthusiasts. We already drive the car or are about to get it. But to achieve the very ambitious goal of becoming a direct competitor to mid-size Germans - well, the company needs to reach out farther. The support from car enthusiasts and the brand fans may be insufficient. But I also agree that it is a process and the competition is tough.
However, I can't explain calls that are not returned or some attitudes I have experienced personally.
Maserati will reach out further. it will happen.
Probably wont be on price though.
Marketing, and Finance is where they will extend.

I wont defend a shoddy salesperson that doesn't call back, but i can speak only from personal experience. my dealership has been growing by leaps and bounds. my sales department does prioritize based on speed of transaction, ease of contacting the customer, and gross. this is simply a function of the size. we do not have 100 employees. im at 19 employees - all in.

try to keep in mind that the 370% increase in Maserati sales does come with a little bit of growing pains. we will all get better. some just quicker than others.

and for your laughs today... please understand that Maserati doesn't view it as elevating to the level of the Germans, quite the contrary, they are trying to lower their standards to provide vehicles in the same category as the Germans :) haha

all in all they are phenomenal cars! owning one is a pleasure.
what no one can convey is the amount of attention they command.
expect to have your car photoed like it was Paris Hilton drunk on a corner surrounded by paparazzi.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Maserati will reach out further. it will happen.
I really hope so!

my sales department does prioritize based on speed of transaction, ease of contacting the customer, and gross. this is simply a function of the size. we do not have 100 employees. im at 19 employees - all in.
So probably I was just "prioritized" a couple of times ;)

try to keep in mind that the 370% increase in Maserati sales does come with a little bit of growing pains. we will all get better.
To play an advocatus diaboli - why a customer willing to spend anywhere from 60 to 100k should care about it? You should be prepared :)

some just quicker than others.
And some of the dealers are definitely quicker :)

and for your laughs today... please understand that Maserati doesn't view it as elevating to the level of the Germans, quite the contrary, they are trying to lower their standards to provide vehicles in the same category as the Germans :) haha
That's right, but what about keeping higher standards than Germans and make them sweat? ;)

all in all they are phenomenal cars! owning one is a pleasure.
what no one can convey is the amount of attention they command.
expect to have your car photoed like it was Paris Hilton drunk on a corner surrounded by paparazzi.
100% agree!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts