Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I hope everybody is having a great summer!!

I've been enjoying my summer with the GT Sport Convertible to hold me over till my ghibli arrives.. >:D

I've found some mixed info since Maserati was mostly closed in August. I've heard some ppl say 2015 already started production..and I've heard that none will start till this month due to the overstock of leftover 2014's.

Does anybody have a 2015 that started production in August or sooner? or are they all going to be started in sep?

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2015 on order but don't expect it until Oct at the earliest. See reference below posted by DD under the 2015 thread (sorry, don't know how to cross reference) re a review of a 2015. However, I would not be surprised if it is a 2014!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58_fkjVLRrM

Yeah.. I saw that thread. Thanks. It left the same question unanswered. Hopefully I'll have some more info this week.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
My '2015' still on the boat (stage 90) so no confirmation yet about Ghibli production over summer.

Did also find this June 2014 article that talks to production numbers, but of course we don't know if there projections have been adhered to - if the 2014s did not sell out completely.

Maserati Ramping up Ghibli, Quattroporte Production, News

".....
Maserati will have to crank up production this summer to keep up with high demand for its cars.

The Italian brand plans to ramp-up production of the Ghibli and the Quattroporte by about 20 percent. The plan will see Maserati’s factory in the Turin suburb of Grugliasco producing about 900 cars per week by September, rather than the 750 a week it builds now....."

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My '2015' still on the boat (stage 90) so no confirmation yet about Ghibli production over summer.

Did also find this June 2014 article that talks to production numbers, but of course we don't know if there projections have been adhered to - if the 2014s did not sell out completely.

Maserati Ramping up Ghibli, Quattroporte Production, News
Thanks for the link. I saw you had doubts that yours was a 2015 in the other thread. I certainly hope that's not the case. But have you got a solid confirmation from your dealer on what it is?

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Thanks for the link. I saw you had doubts that yours was a 2015 in the other thread. I certainly hope that's not the case. But have you got a solid confirmation from your dealer on what it is?
As we say "the proof is in the pudding"'; won't be 100% it is a 2015 until we have all the build information after arrival at Newark.

For sure if it is not a 2015 it will not be in my garage any time soon :crying:; when it was ordered via NA Maserati I was also on the call and it was one of the first if not the first 2015 ordered.

DD

·
Registered
74 Posts
DD, I'm waiting on ya man. Need to see that 2015 out here on the Island, with all the supposed improvements based on 2014 feedback. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
You and me both

I will have to charge an entrance fee I think:laugh:

Reactions: UKGhibli

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Guys,
I just for my 2015 Ghibli this week and I know you folks in America have lots of stock of 2014 . But out here in the desert they call the middle east they have very few vehicles allocated and its difficult to get them. I passed on the Rosso folgore and waited for the Blue Emozione with all the bells and whistles.. luxury pack, executive pack and premium pack.

For the 2015 I know a lot of the recalls have been done in factory as I checked with the service manager after reviewing the posts listed on here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts