Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have located a vendor who will tune the Ghibli with fairly impressive gains - 120tq 90hp in the midrange, peak power gains usually around 60hp at the wheels on 93 octane. Cost is $1250, $200 if you want them to bring a dyno out to confirm the performance.

This vendor, if there is enough interest, is willing to come to the Chicagoland area to unlock the ECU and program it onsite (so we don't have to remove and ship our ECUs out).

If you have interest, please reply to this post.

Thanks,
Jay

2017 BLU EMOZIONE GHIBLI SQ4

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, I may be interested.
have the 2014 model, and am also in Chicago

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Socal. I've been talking to Chris for months. Euro Dynamic owns the world record in the fastest Ghibli, these guys are legit. If ANYONE in Socal is interested he will come out to do it, we just need one more Ghibli! If anyone is interested, please let me know!

·
Registered
76 Posts
sorry, that weekend does not work

·
Registered
76 Posts
yes, both weekends after that work

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, both weekends after that work

I just PM'd you, as it looks like they can do Aug 26th weekend. That weekend isn't great for me, but I can try to make it work if it also works for you; otherwise, if you aren't certain about tuning your Ghibli, I will ask him to come in on the 12th. Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So an update: Had Chris from EuroDynamics out here a couple of weekends ago and he tuned my 2017 BLU EMOZIONE GHIBLI SQ4. All I can say is... Wow! It is a night and day difference in power. I would liken it to this example: If you have ever driven a Levante and then a Levante S, and slammed on the gas of each. The S is like a rocketship compared to the base. And now my SQ4 feels like a rocket when I stomp on it. It is throw you back in the seat kind of power, in both Normal and Sport modes. The ability to zip around with insane power at your beck and call is worth every single penny spent. On top of that, Chris came to me here in Chicago, did his thing with the ECU, showed me how to take the ECU out myself and put it back in if I ever need to, took me out for a drive, showed me where the power was, and then was on his merry way. Incredibly professional and informative. Very efficient.

I would recommend him and his software as highly as I can. You won't be disappointed. I am just sorry that I had the car 2 months before I did this.

If you have any questions about my experience with this, drop me a PM. Happy to help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone know of a good tuner in Toronto?

Would love some options but I am only aware of the dealership affiliated tune option.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
76 Posts
So an update: Had Chris from EuroDynamics out here a couple of weekends ago and he tuned my 2017 BLU EMOZIONE GHIBLI SQ4. All I can say is... Wow! It is a night and day difference in power. I would liken it to this example: If you have ever driven a Levante and then a Levante S, and slammed on the gas of each. The S is like a rocketship compared to the base. And now my SQ4 feels like a rocket when I stomp on it. It is throw you back in the seat kind of power, in both Normal and Sport modes. The ability to zip around with insane power at your beck and call is worth every single penny spent. On top of that, Chris came to me here in Chicago, did his thing with the ECU, showed me how to take the ECU out myself and put it back in if I ever need to, took me out for a drive, showed me where the power was, and then was on his merry way. Incredibly professional and informative. Very efficient.
I can just echo the comments above: Chris did my Ghibli during the same trip before heading to the next customer out West: very happy with the process (coming to my garage) and the outcome. very fun to drive even in normal mode. thanks Chris!
and thanks Jay for putting the word out and scheduling this

Reactions: Jay Ehrlich

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would warn you to get (in writing) a guarantee that your warranty will still be honored if you tune the car. I had an ECU tune- done through my dealer. Now 1 year later - a possible oil pump problem- creating a loud ticking noise. Being told Maserati will not honor engine or powertrain warranty since tuning was done. In fact, they are red flagging car in their system so as not to cover powertrain either unless the car is de-tuned. Dealer is still fighting this. But none the less- better think twice because you are likely to lose warranty as I just did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I have located a vendor who will tune the Ghibli with fairly impressive gains - 120tq 90hp in the midrange, peak power gains usually around 60hp at the wheels on 93 octane. Cost is $1250, $200 if you want them to bring a dyno out to confirm the performance.

This vendor, if there is enough interest, is willing to come to the Chicagoland area to unlock the ECU and program it onsite (so we don't have to remove and ship our ECUs out).

Thanks,
Jay

Hi all,

Thanks,
Jay

when the are coming to Chicago?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm selling a ECU from my 2015 Q4 that was dyno tuned by Euro Dynamics. Always nice to have two ecu's.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Gotta love how people reply to a three year of thread like the last reply was yesterday. Yeah, when are you coming to Boston Chris, lol!

No tune needed here. It is what it is. An adequately powered sexy car that sounds more powerful than it is. Guessing this is why people chase it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts