Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of potentially purchasing a 2015 SQ4. I've read quite a bit about the oil pump issues with earlier model years leading to seized motors and other mechanical issues. As a result, I reached out to my local Maserati dealer to inquire about the recently released Extra10 warranty.

It was explained to me that the warranty can be purchased for cars with or without an existing extended warranty. It provides engine and transmission coverage with no mileage cap up until the vehicle is 10 years old. With car I'm looking at being a 15, I have the option of purchasing the warranty until 2025.

My dealer quoted a price of $3310 per year and you do not have to purchase it all in one shot. You can buy 1 year and renew it every year. Has anyone else done this for their ghibli?

·
Registered
118 Posts
In 3 years you will have paid out close to half the amount the car will be worth in 2025. On the (relatively) low chance that you may have a few $K in repair.
But that's what insurance is all about, I suppose. Not the warranty for me, however.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In 3 years you will have paid out close to half the amount the car will be worth in 2025. On the (relatively) low chance that you may have a few $K in repair.

But that's what insurance is all about, I suppose. Not the warranty for me, however.
I agree. After 3 years I will have paid just under 10k for the warranty. I don't plan on keeping the car that long anyway but unless I have a catastrophic engine failure, I don't think the warranty will be worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts