Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. So I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. As someone who lives in Brooklyn, and drives into Manhattan several times per month, my usual parking garage declined me the first time I brought the Ghibli to it. Now keep in mind, they have parked all of my previous cars, some of which include a $99k Porsche 991, and a $110k BMW 750i. Upon arriving at my lot in Manhattan, one of the employees who knows me well apologized profusely but informed me "they do not accept Ferraris, Lamborghinis, or Maseratis." I explained to them my new car is nearly $20k less expensive than the BMW but they didn't care. Furthermore, the one lot I did find which would accept the Ghibli charged me an extra $10 for "exotic fee." I know a handful of other garages which do not accept Maseratis.
Anyone else have this issue? Is this merely a NYC thing? I would love to hear some feedback from others across the US. Thanks!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Haven't had any issues with that in South Florida. Every garage accepts Ghibli, Lamborghini, and Ferrari, which I assume is because it is full of them here and they would loose a great deal of business if they didn't accept them.
I still find it very odd, that a big city as NYC has garages that doesn't accept Maseratis.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I frequent some parking garages in Mid town Manhattan for business and I have found that in some, for Porsches, Maseratis and other "exotic" cars there is an additional $10.00 fee for Parking. Reverse Discrimination?????
Steve

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well there is another member on this forum that had explained the same issue when he was declined parking in one of the garages in NYC.. i think the member was Darrien

·
Registered
74 Posts
My guess is they incorrectly assume that these are sport car makes with very high price tags, or they have insurers that think that way, and therefore a sedan like the Ghibli gets lumped in by make name. The workers simply follow the mgmt directive, and mgmt doesnt explain or even know that there are distinctions even within a make like Maserati. What is funny is what if you came in with a Bugatti Veyron or a Pagani? Are they OK because they are not on the no-go list? LOL

·
Registered
64 Posts
Valet attendants look forward to Maseratis at their parking lots. Don't be surprise if you see it out front by itself, showcasing the establishment. If they only knew my 08 BMW 650ic cost more than my Maserati they may have a different perspective.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Valet attendants look forward to Maseratis at their parking lots. Don't be surprise if you see it out front by itself, showcasing the establishment. If they only knew my 08 BMW 650ic cost more than my Maserati they may have a different perspective.
I don't think it's just about price. Exclusivity and the aura that surrounds the Maserati brand is what draws people to this car, including valet attendants.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also live in Brooklyn and drive into manhattan and park 2 or 3 times a week. I usually park at the icon garage on 40th st and broadway, however last week I attempted to park in a lot further uptown on 47th street and 6th. In total, I got turned away from 3 different parking garages and was told it was company policy not to accept Maserati's 😳😳

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No issues at all parking in NYC garage

FYI icon garages have no extra charge. many locations in NYC

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the heads up! I will certainly check them out next time I drive into the city for work!

Maserati pays extra but Bentley, RR, Range Rover, Aston Martin is OK?
Ha well that's my point exactly! I could drive in with a $170k Audi R8 V10 or a $220k MB SLS and they will park them? "Hey it's only an Audi or a Benz. Not on the list of exotics." Seems silly to me.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I had garage asking their manager if it was ok, they took me in, but was being extra careful with it and parked it up front. My insurance company almost did not insure me. I also told them you insured my 911S which is $30k more than this car. After some research, I think they realized that this is Maserati's "cheaper" "non-sport" car, they accepted me. Ghibli, surprisingly" is still not common. So people are still mistakenly thinking it is the $130K+ exotic sports car. I am surprised that even Porsche 911 GT3, Turbo, Turbo S cost more than any Maserati production model, people view them as a more common, regular sports car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts