Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took possession of the vehicle and i think some spacers might do the wheel some justice. Just curious how many mm i should get? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just took possession of the vehicle and i think some spacers might do the wheel some justice. Just curious how many mm i should get? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I believe FD recommends 18mm. I think the Ghibli would look amazing with 18mm spacers on the rear wheels. I am just trying to find a good price for them (IMO FD are a little over priced).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe FD recommends 18mm. I think the Ghibli would look amazing with 18mm spacers on the rear wheels. I am just trying to find a good price for them (IMO FD are a little over priced).
NO FD Recommends +15mm and +22mm seems to be a nice fit!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have spacers on mine. But I also have aftermarket wheels which have different offset than the OEM.
I have 5mm spacer for the front with 25 offset wheel. and 15mm spacer for the back with 40 offset wheel.
So if the OEM wheel has 45 offset. I think 18-20mm spacer will look nice.

I think you should be able to find hubcentric spacers that over 10mm on Ebay easily. 4 spacers with extended bolts should be under $200. Just make sure you get the right bolt pattern (5-114.3) and the right bore size for both the axle bore and the wheel bore. If you are keeping the OEM wheels. The two should be the same. Good luck!

·
Registered
524 Posts
NO FD Recommends +15mm and +22mm seems to be a nice fit!
Jliu55, this is what FD said on Maserati Life forum "we do have 18mm Wheel Spacers available for both front / rear, which is our recommendation, they are purpose fit to the Ghibli, are a perfect fit and come with all necessary bolts / hardware for an easy bolt-up solution."

Thanks for the info YXC145!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have spacers on mine. But I also have aftermarket wheels which have different offset than the OEM.
I have 5mm spacer for the front with 25 offset wheel. and 15mm spacer for the back with 40 offset wheel.
So if the OEM wheel has 45 offset. I think 18-20mm spacer will look nice.

I think you should be able to find hubcentric spacers that over 10mm on Ebay easily. 4 spacers with extended bolts should be under $200. Just make sure you get the right bolt pattern (5-114.3) and the right bore size for both the axle bore and the wheel bore. If you are keeping the OEM wheels. The two should be the same. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. If the bolt pattern is (5-114.3) as you mentioned, how/where would i find what the bore size would be? I do have OEM stock 20's that came with the car.

Jliu55, this is what FD said on Maserati Life forum "we do have 18mm Wheel Spacers available for both front / rear, which is our recommendation, they are purpose fit to the Ghibli, are a perfect fit and come with all necessary bolts / hardware for an easy bolt-up solution."

Thanks for the info YXC145!
Thats an arm and a leg just for spacers:(

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thanks for the info. If the bolt pattern is (5-114.3) as you mentioned, how/where would i find what the bore size would be? I do have OEM stock 20's that came with the car.

Thats an arm and a leg just for spacers:(
Bolt thread is M14-1.5. The length. is your currently length + whatever size spacer you are getting. So if the current length is 30mm and you are getting a 18mm spacer, you should get bolt with 48mm length. But I think 45 to 49mm should all work.
So, search on Ebay. Look for

18mm spacer with 5-114.3 (5-4.5") bolt pattern. With the bore size to be 67.1mm. Hubcenteric spacers. then look for 14-1.5 x 48mm Conical wheel bolts. Trust me, you will be able to find them easily. If not, there is also a custom spacer company like this one.
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech
They made the front 5mm hubcenteric spacer for me since it is really thin. You need custom machine shop to screw machine the extend hub.

Good luck.

·
Registered
666 Posts
By the way,

I just did the 18mm front and 20mm rear spacer on the custom spacer shop site.
it cost $150 before tax and shipping.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way,

I just did the 18mm front and 20mm rear spacer on the custom spacer shop site.
it cost $150 before tax and shipping.
nice! How long does it take? Let me know how it goes when you put them on. Are you using that on your OEM, or your aftermarket wheels?

·
Registered
666 Posts
nice! How long does it take? Let me know how it goes when you put them on. Are you using that on your OEM, or your aftermarket wheels?
It takes less than a day to custom make the spacers. (mine is hub centeric/Wheel Centric). But depends on how busy they are. For simple Hubcenteric spacer, they may already have them in stock. Then a couple of days for shipping?

I already have mine on. Got them several weeks ago. I have aftermarket wheels with different wheel bore size than the OEM wheel bore and hub bores. That's why I had to custom made mine. If you are only using OEM wheel. Once again, you can easily find Hubcentric spacers online. They work fine, looks great. I bought a set from Ebay before for my 911S. It worked perfectly. They are just spacers. Nothing special. No need to spend 2x, 3x the money. Just make sure the material used is good. 6061t6 billet aluminum

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It takes less than a day to custom make the spacers. (mine is hub centeric/Wheel Centric). But depends on how busy they are. For simple Hubcenteric spacer, they may already have them in stock. Then a couple of days for shipping?

Ive never installed or purchased any spacers in my life so this is quite new and cofusing at the same time. What are teh difference between hub/wheel centeric? For my need, which is to extend the stock wheels out a bit more, which one would i need? I would assume its 18mm and 20mm for the rear? Would i need anything else to do the installation?

thanks again, for chiming in and help the nooobs. LOL

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ive never installed or purchased any spacers in my life so this is quite new and cofusing at the same time. What are teh difference between hub/wheel centeric? For my need, which is to extend the stock wheels out a bit more, which one would i need? I would assume its 18mm and 20mm for the rear? Would i need anything else to do the installation?

thanks again, for chiming in and help the nooobs. LOL
Usually, with aftermarket wheels. You will need Hub+Wheel Centric spacer. The reason is aftermarket wheel bore is usually made bigger so it can be put on many different cars. To make the wheel fit perfectly on the Axle hub, you put a "HUB" ring on the hub, so the wheel can sit "perfectly" on the hub. For spacers, it needs to be Wheel centric for the wheel to fit correctly.

But for OEM wheels. The wheel bore is the same as the Axle hub. So you just need a simple hub-centric spacer. Technically, it is still wheel centric since you need the extend hub on the spacer to fit the wheel, but people simply just call it a hub-centric spacer.

You will need longer bolts. That's about it. If the OEM wheel offset is 45 right now. I would suggest 15 to 18mm for the front, and 20mm to 22mm for the rear.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Installing the spacers shouldn't take more than 10 minutes per wheel. It's very straight forward but keep in mind you will probably want to do an wheel alignment afterwords.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Usually, with aftermarket wheels. You will need Hub+Wheel Centric spacer. The reason is aftermarket wheel bore is usually made bigger so it can be put on many different cars. To make the wheel fit perfectly on the Axle hub, you put a "HUB" ring on the hub, so the wheel can sit "perfectly" on the hub. For spacers, it needs to be Wheel centric for the wheel to fit correctly.

But for OEM wheels. The wheel bore is the same as the Axle hub. So you just need a simple hub-centric spacer. Technically, it is still wheel centric since you need the extend hub on the spacer to fit the wheel, but people simply just call it a hub-centric spacer.
i found the lug nuts..but im having a hard time finding the spacers with the specs you've provided 18mm spacer with 5-114.3 67.1mm

48mm-14x1-5-CONICAL
VW Extended Wheel Lock Bolts Locks Set 48mm 14x1 5 Conical Seat VW Audi Mercedes | eBay

·
Registered
666 Posts
i found the lug nuts..but im having a hard time finding the spacers with the specs you've provided 18mm spacer with 5-114.3 67.1mm

48mm-14x1-5-CONICAL
VW Extended Wheel Lock Bolts Locks Set 48mm 14x1 5 Conical Seat VW Audi Mercedes | eBay
That should work. I think the best thing to do is to go to Motorsport-tech and order it through them. They will make sure they will 100% correct. They also sell extended bolts, too.
I think you are looking about $200 shipped for a set of 18mm and a set of 20mm plus bolts.

Correction. I just did it again on the site. it is actually $210 a set of four. So it will probably be about $250 with bolts and shipped.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That should work. I think the best thing to do is to go to Motorsport-tech and order it through them. They will make sure they will 100% correct. They also sell extended bolts, too.
I think you are looking about $200 shipped for a set of 18mm and a set of 20mm plus bolts.

Correction. I just did it again on the site. it is actually $210 a set of four. So it will probably be about $250 with bolts and shipped.
Got a reply from the owner, Lenny for the quote.

he cost would be $110 for the spacers and $30 for the bolts, so $140. Not sure if this includes shipping or not.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Got a reply from the owner, Lenny for the quote.

he cost would be $110 for the spacers and $30 for the bolts, so $140. Not sure if this includes shipping or not.
That's even better! is that for a set of 4 or just 2?
I think the shipping will be about $20

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's even better! is that for a set of 4 or just 2?
I think the shipping will be about $20

set of 4 and 20 bolts.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's great. You probably just saved $500.
Mine was custom made, so it was $110 for just one set with 10 bolts.
Top quality machined spacers. You won't have any problem with them.
gave me pricing on a pair :crying: 295shipped, just as you said. Still good deal though:)

Glad you like yours. Will place order soon.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts