Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Ghibli and I’m looking into getting the windshield tinted. Has anyone done this, and if so will you please post a pic?

·
Administrator
2,516 Posts
Here are front and side pictures of Crystalline 70% on front and 50% on sides ... sorry for the rotated picture but you can get an idea.
Really pleased with Crystalline

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did, 15% on all windows, and went with 50% on the front. Was slightly darker than the 70%, which is almost clear. Still let enough light in and looked great during the day, looked darker at night but still no loss of visibility and not so dark that I was worried about getting pulled over.

Scott

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
356 Posts
Looks so good, wish this was legal in IL...

·
Registered
17 Posts
i went 15% all around with 50% on the windshield. on a white car the contrast really calls for the cops. but im quick to open the sun roof if i see any around. that lets in sufficient sun light to not have any issues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just tinted mine two weeks ago. I went with all ceramic tint. 15% all around and 70% aqua sky on the windshield. I love ceramic because it’s better at UV blocking and is even lighter from the inside looking out.

Not sure why I can’t attach my pics from my phone...

·
Registered
77 Posts
My windshield is also tinted 70%. With 30% on the other windows. It's illegal in FL but almost undetectable unless an officer actually measures it. 70% is perfect to me because you can't notice its there, once you go below that it starts getting noticable to cops and slowly starts making it harder to see at night.

Also if you live in a sunny area like I do I think it helps tremendously to keep the interior in good condition whenever parked outside.

The biggest thing is to clean it 3 days later and check for any dust in the tint. I had dust bubbles right in my line of sight so I asked the tint shop and they redid it for free.

·
Administrator
2,516 Posts
The 70% crystalline also makes a huge difference in heat transfer through that big windshield ... won't have a car without it. Initially, the technician failed the car during annual state inspection for having tint ... he refused to risk his certification. At the suggestion of my Maserati service manager I took it to a different Maserati dealer who did the inspection knowing I applied to the state for an exemption ... which I now have for all the cars registered to me. This paperwork is on file at the dealer(s) and they don't measure light transmission, (70% tint on our windshield takes you to around 49%).

·
Registered
25 Posts
My windshield is also tinted 70%. With 30% on the other windows. It's illegal in FL but almost undetectable unless an officer actually measures it. 70% is perfect to me because you can't notice its there, once you go below that it starts getting noticable to cops and slowly starts making it harder to see at night.

Also if you live in a sunny area like I do I think it helps tremendously to keep the interior in good condition whenever parked outside.

The biggest thing is to clean it 3 days later and check for any dust in the tint. I had dust bubbles right in my line of sight so I asked the tint shop and they redid it for free.

View attachment 20790

View attachment 20789
Looks great. Back at my country the traffic authorities only allow 25% tint for the front and 50% tint for the rear. Anything more than that you get pulled over for a ticket of S$70.
Drivers are getting those mesh window visors nowadays, however it does work for ghiblis as the windows are frameless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts