Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so from last few weeks,
i have purchased Navtool and Joyeauto. here is my honest review.

Joyeauto:
$450
DONT BUY THEM. i have read some good reviews about them about their customer service and all,
  • module did not work after install.
  • i trusted those good review, it was not hard to reach out to them even if they are in China or HongKong through Whatsapp, after i spoke with them they didn’t want to admit their module was wrong, and they have advertised with their one year warranty, so i ask them to send me a new module so i can exchange it. and still all i hear was many excuses and telling me to try it again by my self and blaming on the professional shop that i went to for install. after i told them i’ve tried everything i can, they STOPPED RESPONDING. THATS ENOUGH REASON WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BUY THEM.
Navtool:
$549
  • they’re not wireless. you have to connect your usb straight to the module. i ended it up having a module on the side of trim and hide them. i would not buy them if i knew that wasn’t wireless. but thats just my opinion.
  • Waze or Google map dont play sound if your media device is connected via bluetooth. you can disconnect from phone settings and change your media source to Aux, then Waze or Google map will play sound(alerts/tell you to make turns and stuffs) but it looks like you can’t control volume or tracks with your steering wheel when its on Aux.
  • it feels like there is a decrease of sound quality when its on Aux.
  • when you reverse, you have to turn this off so you can see camera. i chatted with Navtool and they told me there is a white wire you can connect to reverse, but i have no idea how lol
  • poor screen resolution.
  • customer service is available but person who i spoke to was rude.
  • BUT IT DOES ITS JOB. I can’t complain on that!
i may sound like very picky person but im very easy going, maybe my expectations was way too high.

i am going to buy another module from different company and try them also since i was disappointed. but since i have it, i would use it for few. maybe i would get used to it. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
so from last few weeks,

Joyeauto:
$450
DONT BUY THEM. i have read some good reviews about them about their customer service and all,
  • i trusted those good review, it was not hard to reach out to them even if they are in China or HongKong through Whatsapp, after i spoke with them they didn’t want to admit their module was wrong, and they have advertised with their one year warranty, so i ask them to send me a new module so i can exchange it. and still all i hear was many excuses and telling me to try it again by my self and blaming on the professional shop that i went to for install. after i told them i’ve tried everything i can, they STOPPED RESPONDING. THATS ENOUGH REASON WHY YOU SHOULD NOT BUY THEM.
Mine is installed and working ; however yesterday I discovered that this is a chinese clone product. The original product is from ID core, a UK company I spoke with yesterday who have filed an injuction against JOYEAUTO.

ID Core's sister company that sells to the UK market is here:

If you ( and I ) had bought from them instead, we would have received a product direct from the manufacturer as well as UK english language techncial support - and the manufacturer would make money form the product they had developed. I'm sorry yours didn't work - get your money back in full and if you want wireless carplay I can say the ID core product (stolen by JOYEAUTO) is actually very good.

But like i said - mine works fine - other than the dynamic reversing overlays not working properly at all.

So yeah - JOYEAUTO are bullshit. do not buy from them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
And for the record - it is almost impossible to install that product wrong - the diagram is crystal clear and the harness plugs only go in one way - and no wiring modifications are required. It's almost certainly a faulty product and not your install.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yup, my Chinese unit literally has "IDCORE" as the Bluetooth name. But it works flawlessly. Customer support for me was miles ahead of NavTool (they were rude as ****). By "stopped responding" what do you mean?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And for the record - it is almost impossible to install that product wrong - the diagram is crystal clear and the harness plugs only go in one way - and no wiring modifications are required. It's almost certainly a faulty product and not your install.
i read your comment and i also had a chat with them too. they told me although its wireless, i can only adjust volume via steering wheel not tracks, and funny thing is now my volume on steering wheel is adjustable but not the tracks. i might just gonna keep this if i cant change tracks via steering wheel since i dont mind at all of cable wiring. but i wish i read your comment earlier tho :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, my Chinese unit literally has "IDCORE" as the Bluetooth name. But it works flawlessly. Customer support for me was miles ahead of NavTool (they were rude as ****). By "stopped responding" what do you mean?
so i started chatting via Whatsapp and after i said i have tried everything i can and i wanted a refund or get another unit to change and they started ignoring my texts. i filed a charge-back from my credit card company and after they found that out they started reach out to me saying how things are going after 3-5days of ignorance. that actually made me pissed ever more. im not trying to blaming on you but i decided to buy Joyeauto over Navtool or Naviplus because i have read your comment on other post. i know you like that product and works fine but i guess i was not lucky at all lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
i read your comment and i also had a chat with them too. they told me although its wireless, i can only adjust volume via steering wheel not tracks, and funny thing is now my volume on steering wheel is adjustable but not the tracks. i might just gonna keep this if i cant change tracks via steering wheel since i dont mind at all of cable wiring. but i wish i read your comment earlier tho :(
That’s true when playing through aux; but if you press the source button it will flip to Bluetooth audio and the track skipping works. Bit of a hack but it will get the functionality going

·
Registered
157 Posts
so i started chatting via Whatsapp and after i said i have tried everything i can and i wanted a refund or get another unit to change and they started ignoring my texts. i filed a charge-back from my credit card company and after they found that out they started reach out to me saying how things are going after 3-5days of ignorance. that actually made me pissed ever more. im not trying to blaming on you but i decided to buy Joyeauto over Navtool or Naviplus because i have read your comment on other post. i know you like that product and works fine but i guess i was not lucky at all lol
Actually, when I was installing mine, I kept plugging the cables wrong somehow (contrary to what Pensive666 said) and at one point my radio even thought it was stolen and started to ask me for an anti-theft code :p so for me installing was definitely a pain in the a$$ and took me a long time for the display to actually show up. I could tell the unit was working because of the lights and the switching noise when I hold the back button on the steering wheel. To be honest it took me 5 hours to finally properly install it...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I’ve emailed their tech support about the menu screen and reversing camera guidelines - I’ll give them a bit of time to respond

alphawip - does yours work properly in the menu screen - I.e. android settings?

I’ve noticed they are scaling the touchscreen wrong for this page (and a little in CarPlay although not as bad) so if the button is on the upper right hand side of the screen I have to press about 7mm lower down than I should, almost as if the touchscreen is being interpreted without the stretching being taken into account - if you get me..

I’m going to contact the uk team and ask them if these issues are resolved with the latest firmware on their product and if the wire loom is the same.

don’t fancy pulling the stereo out again but could consider replacing the box behind the screen. The bezel seems to pop out much easier now :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well I’ve emailed their tech support about the menu screen and reversing camera guidelines - I’ll give them a bit of time to respond

alphawip - does yours work properly in the menu screen - I.e. android settings?

I’ve noticed they are scaling the touchscreen wrong for this page (and a little in CarPlay although not as bad) so if the button is on the upper right hand side of the screen I have to press about 7mm lower down than I should, almost as if the touchscreen is being interpreted without the stretching being taken into account - if you get me..

I’m going to contact the uk team and ask them if these issues are resolved with the latest firmware on their product and if the wire loom is the same.

don’t fancy pulling the stereo out again but could consider replacing the box behind the screen. The bezel seems to pop out much easier now :)
Yes, mine works everywhere.

You can actually calibrate the touchscreen accuracy by switching one of the tiny switches in the back. I forgot which one...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another great reason to buy from the proper manufacturers. Joyeauto did not tell me this before - now I have to remove the bezel again....

·
Registered
1 Posts
so from last few weeks,

Joyeauto:
$450
Navtool:
$549
  • they’re not wireless. you have to connect your usb straight to the module. i ended it up having a module on the side of trim and hide them. i would not buy them if i knew that wasn’t wireless. but thats just my opinion.
  • Waze or Google map dont play sound if your media device is connected via bluetooth. you can disconnect from phone settings and change your media source to Aux, then Waze or Google map will play sound(alerts/tell you to make turns and stuffs) but it looks like you can’t control volume or tracks with your steering wheel when its on Aux.
  • it feels like there is a decrease of sound quality when its on Aux.
  • when you reverse, you have to turn this off so you can see camera. i chatted with Navtool and they told me there is a white wire you can connect to reverse, but i have no idea how lol
  • poor screen resolution.
  • customer service is available but person who i spoke to was rude.
  • BUT IT DOES ITS JOB. I can’t complain on that!
i may sound like very picky person but im very easy going, maybe my expectations was way too high.

i am going to buy another module from different company and try them also since i was disappointed. but since i have it, i would use it for few. maybe i would get used to it. :)
I purchased a unit for my Jeep grand Cherokee. No sound. They wanted me to completely re-install the unit to take a video of the "no sound". Would not refund my $$$$. Stay away!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts