Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
This made me chuckle:

In 2008 a British-operating insurance firm, Hiscox, put 40 participants aged 22 to 61, half male and half female, in a room. The sound of revving engines from Maserati, Lamborghini, Ferrari and a Volkswagen Polo were played for 30 seconds each. After 20 seconds, the levels of testosterone in the participants' saliva was measured. According to the study, 50 per cent of the men showed an increase in testosterone in reaction to the Maserati, and 60 per cent of them to the Lamborghini. However, 100 per cent of the women showed an increase in testosterone for the Maserati, the highest total for women.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This made me chuckle:

In 2008 a British-operating insurance firm, Hiscox, put 40 participants aged 22 to 61, half male and half female, in a room. The sound of revving engines from Maserati, Lamborghini, Ferrari and a Volkswagen Polo were played for 30 seconds each. After 20 seconds, the levels of testosterone in the participants' saliva was measured. According to the study, 50 per cent of the men showed an increase in testosterone in reaction to the Maserati, and 60 per cent of them to the Lamborghini. However, 100 per cent of the women showed an increase in testosterone for the Maserati, the highest total for women.
I read the actual study a while back - I'll see if I can find it. Don't get your hopes up; the only sound that did it was the V8 Quattroporte (non-turbo). They suspect it had something to do with a very specific low frequency that awakened something very primitive in the female brain.

A little more info: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/19/vroom-arouses-women-maserati-says/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts