Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being very new to my car & feeling my way around.
Can someone tell me if I need to set this to the 'on' position at the start of every journey & does it operate in all driving modes IE sport/ice/normal.

·
Registered
278 Posts
This I know from the testdrive: The auto-stop/start function is automaticly activated when you drive in ICE and deactivated if you drive in sport and maybe also in normal (that I'm not sure)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Being very new to my car & feeling my way around.
Can someone tell me if I need to set this to the 'on' position at the start of every journey & does it operate in all driving modes IE sport/ice/normal.
Start&Stop is only available on the Diesel
It is enabled by default, unless you have deactivated it in the settings.
It operates on standard D and ICE. It will not operate on Sport mode.

When the engine goes off (automatically), keep on the brake. When you release break it will turn on immediately..and in some other caes (read the manual for more details)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Strangely, I have a petrol and its fitted but then it is MY16.

How do you deactivate it? It doesn't do it in Sport, just normal mode.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Strangely, I have a petrol and its fitted but then it is MY16.

How do you deactivate it? It doesn't do it in Sport, just normal mode.
Very common on petrol cars these days. My M3 had it. It helps to reduce the overall emissions figure for tax and mpg purposes.

Annoyingly there's no dedicated button on the Ghibli to deactivate it and the MTC doesn't allow the user to change variables for the various driving modes.

I think you need to go into the menus and deactivate it or run around in Sport all the time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm brand new to my MY'16 Ghibli and stumbled on this thread. I was showing the car to some friends - I thought I had "Start&Stop" disabled permanently, but I briefly had the care in "ICE" mode - but even after returning to Sport, it shut off when we came to a stop light. A bit of a surprise when they thought my shiny new car had just stalled. I wish there was a way to enable it only when ICE was on.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm brand new to my MY'16 Ghibli and stumbled on this thread. I was showing the car to some friends - I thought I had "Start&Stop" disabled permanently, but I briefly had the care in "ICE" mode - but even after returning to Sport, it shut off when we came to a stop light. A bit of a surprise when they thought my shiny new car had just stalled. I wish there was a way to enable it only when ICE was on.
very strange
As per manual, it is only available (europe) on diesel (as mine).
And it won't stop your engine when in sports mode or set belt not on or in R.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm fine with auto start stop in ICE mode, but does know if you can permanently disable it in standard mode? It's annoying to have to cycle through the menus every time I (when I'm not in short mode).

·
Registered
2 Posts
If there is a way to disable it through restarts of the car, I haven't found it. If anyone knows of a menu item to accomplish this please post it.

I find it quite annoying. When it's stopped, the air conditioning understandably turns off. In the Southern US, this is a serious inconvenience in the summer time.

Also, there's the constant explanations to friends for whom I'm giving a test drive. It's very disconcerting pulling up to a traffic light to have the engine stall. I have to try and explain the rationale for the feature, for which I'm not a true believer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also find it annoying and wish there was a way to permanently disable it as can be done on BMW's.
I drive in sport mode where it's not active but occasionally forget to push the sport button and get annoyed when it stalls.

BG

·
Registered
38 Posts
my car actually has this problem now where i can't seem to have it running. the screen says: "Not ready" and the car does low the rpm and takes sport mode off but the engine on/off does not activete..

strage

·
Registered
644 Posts
my car actually has this problem now where i can't seem to have it running. the screen says: "Not ready" and the car does low the rpm and takes sport mode off but the engine on/off does not activete..

strage
taking it into the dealer for a few software updates may remedy this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
taking it into the dealer for a few software updates may remedy this.
My MY16 has the same issue. The Start/Stop feature will work for a week or so, not work for a few days, come back, etc. Is there a specific update you know about that addresses this issue? How would I know if I have the latest update?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Other car manufacturers have a disable button for auto stop/start so I don't see any reason why Maser wouldn't allow you to disable it. BMW will disable the function if you request it. While this function saves a couple of mpgs, it puts a lot of stress on your starter and battery. I also don't like dropping the oil pressure right when you press the accelerator from a dead stop or running the AC with engine off. The engine takes longer to warm up if you start out in stop/go. The negatives outweigh the positives in my mind at least from the owner's perspective.

My guess is someone will figure out the software command to disable it. Keep trying. I'm going to hang on to my '15 model until this is figured out.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts