Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the Ghibli out of my state and I was wondering if anyone had experience with either open or enclosed carrier services.
My car has been sitting in dealer's lot over a week without being shipped because they cannot find the enclosed carrier. They said they found a open carrier who can deliver the car, but not sure if I can trust the quality of service of an open carrier.
Should I just wait for an enclosed carrier or take the chance with the open carrier?
Car is being delivered from Cleveland to Denver.

thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wait for enclosed. I once shipped a car via open carrier and it was positioned near the front of the truck and the hydrolic fluids leaked and messed up the paint really bad . Not mention the chips and rocks flying around for 100s of miles

·
Registered
277 Posts
request the dealership to throw in a free car cover.

throw the car cover on while its being transported.

when the car arrives drop it off at a professional detailer to have him/her remove the contaminants and polish out the scratches caused through handling and the car cover.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I told them I would wait for an enclosed carrier, but I guess that means I need to wait!
I'm already getting impatient as I can't drive a car I already paid for.
Has anyone had experience with such long delivery from a dealer? Is it normal to take this long? I know it's holiday season but they originally said I would have the car by Christmas Eve.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's Italian! Be patient!!

Here in the UK, we have only just got the diesel demonstrator. The petrol variants aren't arriving till late Jan/Feb.

Getting frustrated, but everything comes to he who waits!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the comments.
They finally shipped my car today and expect to get it early next week.

If anyone has similar build as mine and wants to check out how the car looks like, I can post some pics:
Ghibli S Q4
Blue Emozione
Tan
Caliper Blu
19 Proteo
Ebano Trim
Extended Leather
Premium Sound
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Sport Pacakge

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see you got this taken care of, but I'm glad you opted for the enclosed carrier. Too much risk with open air in my opinion. Just curious, who did you use to ship? I've been talking with A-1 Auto Transport about delivering one I've had my eye on in another state and they seem fairly reasonable. Wouldn't mind something to compare the cost to though.

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
324 Posts
Congrats on the new Ghibli and welcome to the forum!

Agreed, best to wait for enclosed, especially if there is no cost difference to you. We had a customer open transport a car to us from the east coast and it hailed and just beat the car up badly, covered it in scratches also and it was so dirty that we had to clean the car first just to mark all the damage, the carrier didn't want to correct the damage stating that he can't control weather, etc... I think that was a really rare case but it happens. Eventually I believe the insurance did cover it for him but it was a hassle.

If you're just going a state away, good weather, etc... maybe not as risky.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
44 Posts
I shipped my F12 M6 over 3,000 miles to California on an open carrier no problems. The car had a thick layer of desert dust but that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts