Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew how to permanently turn off the automatic start and stop... I figured out how to turn it off, but it defaults back to on when the car is turned off.

I really hate this setting... specially cause one of the best parts of this car is the amazing exhaust sound, which I love to hear even while stopped at a light.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I just got a 2018 SQ4 GranLusso and as far as I know, there is not a way to permanently turn it off. The dealer said the default is to meet it’s MPG ratings. The 2 options are to turn it off in the settings on the MTC or run the car in Sport mode as the automatic stop/start does not work in that mode...the latter being the fastest and easiest way

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh... yours is a 2018. I don't have that button! Mine is a 2017... Lucky!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Geoffrey's not a 2018, it's a 2019 (actually).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine is a 2017 Base-Petrol. I switched Start-Stop off in the Menu and it remains being switched off. I don‘t need to switch it off again every time after a restart...
amazing that you need to do so.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
My 2017 SQ4 in USA can be turned off in menu, but after a restart, it defaults again to turning off when you stop. I also noticed this with manual settings for the paddles. I need to check again if I saw that with Sport mode.
One has to weigh the fuel savings with the starter wear in city traffic I guess. If sport mode is the work-around, I'm cool with that. Will test this soon.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My MY2016 SQ4 (Europe) can be turned off permanently (in the TFT menu)
But I had to make a SW Update. The original SW had an error (which caused to turn it on after power cycle). Perhaps the MY2017 also has a SW bug.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a MY 2017 SQ4 here in the USA. I hate the on/off feature. You can turn it off, but it defaults back to on. However, for some reason it does not work in my car. My car does not turn off at stop lights. I know it is not working right, but I'm not complaining, because like I said, I hate the feature. However, every once in a blue moon, it will wok. The engine will just stop running. It scares the crap out of me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a USA 2016 Ghibli S. I have to turn off auto stop/start in the settings and I have to do that every time I start the car. Dealer has told me several times there is no fix. I now just push the sport mode button on the center console and auto stop/start is defeated. That's far easier that 4 clicks into the settings, click to disable, then five clicks out. I still have to push sport mode every time I start the car which is dumb but at least it's an easy to access button and like turning on the lights I kinda do it automatically now without thinking about it so it's no longer annoying.

·
Registered
546 Posts
It looks like European software version allows a permanent disable, but not the USA one.
Pollution rules most probably.

My 2017 Diesel one is permanently de-activated, I don't like the orange sign on the dash, but I dislike even more the S/S, so of the 2 evil.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’m intrigued by that picture (Luxembourg ) showing a button you can push on the center shift console to deactivate the stop /start- so does that mean there’s a possible hardware solution that could be wired to disengage the “feature” - it’s not just programmed into the USA software ECU?
I’d love to have a button and pay for it - my dealer won’t help of course

·
Registered
191 Posts
how can I turn it on? I want it on it says "not ready" when I go on to the setting ons my dashboard in 2017 sq 4 ghibli. I want to keep it on and I want it on forever. can someone please help me to turn it ON permanently 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
111 Posts
Tommylotto, low battery and metrics like oil/coolant temperature can cause the auto-off not to work. Then when the battery is fully charged and/or it reaches operating temperatures, it will kick in. Chengyf51, looks like you have a non-US model which may explain the difference, per the Swiss and German member comments.

I have simply trained myself to turn it off via the MTC as the second step during startup (the first being that stupid "agreement" button that first appears on the MTC). I rarely run it in Sport mode so this works. If someone comes up with a better way other than flashing the ECU (which I will not do), please share.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have that stupid " Agreement " too in mine, it is crazy it comes on every single day
one thing I've since in a few friends maserati, they go directly with the finger on the screen to remove that " Agreement" and doing that for soo many times, the screen has a spot now at that place, like a varnish or something disappeared at that spot

I do always with the center knob ( i don't remember the name in English) for the radio GPS etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a MY 2017 SQ4 here in the USA. I hate the on/off feature. You can turn it off, but it defaults back to on. However, for some reason it does not work in my car. My car does not turn off at stop lights. I know it is not working right, but I'm not complaining, because like I said, I hate the feature. However, every once in a blue moon, it will wok. The engine will just stop running. It scares the crap out of me.
Mine appears not to work, either. Although, when my son drives the car, it does.
I do know there is a difference in the way we depress the brake pedal. I don't stand on it except in an emergency. He's a weightlifter and tends to stomp everything. Now when I'm not thinking or am pissed off (angry, for you non-US folk), I am heavier on the pedal. Yup. The engine dies. So that might be the difference.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts